Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Old problem comes back: Disappearing Menu in header section

Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:18 AM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
WP 4.4
Atahualpa 3.7.24
indonesiaetc.com

My header is:
Code:
%logo %image %bar2 %bar2 %bar2 %pages %bar2 %bar2
I am using custom menu in the "pages" location but it has completely disappeared. See screen cap at http://imgur.com/GXA6MlC for what it should look like.

The disappearance was not, as far as I can tell, related to an update. It was working Monday and there have been no updates since then.

1) I have turned off caching plugin and reverted to clean .htaccess
2) Menu re-appears when I switch to default WP 2105 theme or default 2014 theme (Assuming i tell it to use my custom menu) See screencap at http://imgur.com/BxBoCAp
3) If I switch off all plugins it still does not reappear.
4) Have moved something off the menu and saved the new version of the menu. No luck.
5) Have tried assigning the custom menu to the categories spot and changing my header to reflect the new placement. No luck.
6) Have tried constructing a whole new custom menu and putting it in the categories spot in the header. No luck.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
Have tried constructing a whole new custom menu and putting it in the categories spot in the header. No luck.
It won't show if you use 'menu location 2' since you only have %pages (which is 'menu location 1') in the header Configuration options.

What happens if you point it at 'menu location 1'?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 12:33 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the note.
Apologies, I was unclear in my original.
I have built separate but identical custom menus and assigned one to one position and one to the other position.
I have invoked both positions in my header thus
Code:
%logo %image %bar2 %bar2 %bar2 %pages %cats %bar2 %bar2
No luck.

This truly is mysterious.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 01:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
send me a PM with an admin ID/PW and I'll take a peek
Old Dec 16, 2015, 02:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this is also caused by the menu change WP introduced with version 4.4. I just applied the fix described in PATCH 3724-01: Custom Menu/SubMenu issue after upgrading to WP 4.4 and that took care of it.

moral of teh story: Always check to see if there are any patches avaliable.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 04:15 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Gaah!
I only searched in "Page & Category Menu Bars" and "Header configuration & styling".

Marking issue as solved.

Thanks as always.