Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

A problem with a disappearing stick blogpost on blogiste since upgrade t

Old Jun 9, 2011, 05:15 PM
stribe

19 posts · Feb 2009
Hello: I've got an interesting problem I'm not able to solve. I run a site that aggregates feeds from many different blogs onto our site (we have not run Multisite - just a single site that is using Feedwordpress to bring feeds in).

On 3.6.4, I was able to post a "local" post at the top of the centre part of the page and sticky it there so it didn't filter down off the main page as new feeds came in. It would sit there as long as I wanted.

Since upgrading to 3.6.7 however, I've had an annoying problem. I post the same local "sticky" post at the top, but after the next polling of sites, the local sticky post completely disappears. Confounding me further, it gets replaced by a syndicated external feed at the top of the page (which when I go into the dashboard of WP and click "edit", it's been checkmarked as the sticky post, which I obviously never did), and the local post I've done has compeltely disappeared off of the site into apparent internet oblivion.

I don't want to completely blame 3.6.7, as it could very well be Wordpress doing it, or perhaps doing it in conjunction with the theme, but all I know is that this didn't occur on 3.6.4... so I'm kind of curious if any of you had any suggestions as to what might be causing this bit of quirkyness.

Thanks for any help.
Scott
Old Jun 9, 2011, 06:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you have all BUGFIX's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not, apply them before we go any further and re-test
Old Jun 9, 2011, 07:55 PM
stribe

19 posts · Feb 2009
I've just applied the 367 bugfixes ( I saw 3 of them listed - I presume earlier version fixes were applied to this new version). I've posted another "test sticky" post at the site and will see if it stays there or not.. I'll update you either way if I still get the same issue or it's been fixed. (won't know if it's been fixed or not until the next series of syndicated external feeds get fed into the site by FWP)

Last edited by stribe; Jun 9, 2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: additional info - spelling corrections
Old Jun 10, 2011, 10:36 AM
stribe

19 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Juggledad... I applied those bugfixes, and I've not seen the problem replicate.. so I'm going to presume for now that those must have done the trick (I also found a stray php code in the coding for the theme box sticky look.. which may have also been contributing to the problem)

Thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Do you have all BUGFIX's for your version applied? (they can be found in the 'New Version & Updates' forum and sub forum)
--if not, apply them before we go any further and re-test
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What are you using to grab the feeds?
This is most likely a feed/word press issue. No new post should effect the old posts unless there is some setting in the feed plugin that is set up to do that.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:53 AM
stribe

19 posts · Feb 2009
Feedwordpress is being used to grab the feeds (there isn't a lot out there for plugins regarding syndication, as you're probably aware - so we're using that out of not a lot of other options).
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
doing a quick search on wordpress.org, it seems there are other people having issues with this plugin.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 11:04 AM
stribe

19 posts · Feb 2009
The only thing I can remotely think it might be is that it's set to update all syndicated posts if an update was done to the post at the original site. ... that still shouldn't be affecting a sticky post at my site that was posted locally, I wouldn't think.
Old Jun 12, 2011, 01:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'd suggest contacting the author of the plugin to see what they have to say.