Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can Atahualpa be made accessible to comply with Americans with Disabilities Act?

Old Jul 2, 2015, 04:32 AM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
The Americans with Disabilities Act requires, among other things, that when a person whose computer is equipped with screen reading software mouse over a link they hear a description of the link and when they click on the link they hear a click sound. Does Atahualpa comply with this and, if not, how do I edit the code to make it comply? Other portions of the ADA-Compliant rules can be met by proper editing, such as alt tags and descriptions, but the sound thing has me stumped.

Thanks,

Dan
Old Jul 2, 2015, 06:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just did a quick test on my mac using Voice Over and it seems to work fine. Have you found an issue with it?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 07:11 AM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
No, but I thought I would need to make some modifications to make it work since everyone is making such a fuss over it. What voice over software do you use? I looked online and most of them sound like they are also going to install spyware or adware.

Thanks,

Dan
Old Jul 2, 2015, 07:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
On the Mac, 'Voice Over' is built in. It is activated in th system preferences.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 07:00 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for the information. I have a PC and the narrator software there sucks. I downloaded Thunder but it leaves something to be desired. Now that I know more about it I will shop around for better software to test my work.

Thanks again,

Dan

Last edited by lmilesw; Jul 6, 2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 08:18 PM
DanDan

41 posts · Aug 2010
I found a better way of testing a sites accessibility, Rather than try to find the proper software, go through a site and test everything I found a test page at http://wave.webaim.org/ that will analyze your site for you and point out areas that need to be edited to comply.