Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Dynamic widget area

Old Jul 6, 2015, 02:05 AM
tfarrell

43 posts · Dec 2012
Ireland
Hello
I have discovered that I have two widget areas set up in the header area and I want to remove one of them. I see the section where it lists the Dynamic Widget Areas and the instruction for deleting any of them. The bit that is causing me problems is in deleting the piece of code that is required.

I have gone to the section Style & Edit header Area - this is the code in there,

%logo %pages
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Banner&cells=2&align=1&align _2=9&align_3=7&width_4=700&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header widget area'); ?> %bar2

Should some of this be deleted to remove Banner 2 from the header area.

If you look at the site http://careersnews.ie you will see the Banner 2, it has "222" written in it at the moment. Because it is there it is causing problems with the layout in this area for Banner 1 which is pushed to the left.

I can arrange a log in if you need it.

As usual thanks for your help.
TF
Old Jul 6, 2015, 11:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First do a database backup

To delete a dynamic widget area
1) go to the dashboard->apperances->widgets and remove any widget from the area you want to delete
2) Make note of the widget in your 'Header widget area' since it will be made inactive
3) change the code for the Banner from
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Banner&cells=2&align=1&align _2=9&align_3=7&width_4=700&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Banner 1'); ?>
4) go visit the front page of the site
5) go to dashboard->appearances->ATO->Add DYNAMIC WIDGET AREAS->Delete Dynamic Widget Areas and check off 'Banner 2' and delete it (you may need to refresh the page to see it is gone)
6) go back to the widget area and you should see 'Banner 1' with it's widgets and 'Header widget area' without it's widget but if you look thru the inactive widgets, you should fnd it and can drag it back in.

And that's all you should need to do - looks complicated, but just take it a step at a time.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 03:02 AM
tfarrell

43 posts · Dec 2012
Ireland
As usual it worked perfectly first time.

Thank you for the step by step guide.
Tom Farrell