Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Removing default transition color and font on page-title loading

Old Nov 7, 2014, 02:42 AM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
I have had no luck trying to modify the theme's default behavior when loading the site. I do not necessarily want to lose the page-title transition effect but I do want to change color. Right now it uses the theme's default colors and font. The page has to fully load before my modified CSS kicks in.

Can someone please suggest how I do this? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 7, 2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 03:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you'll have to be a bit more descriptive about what your issue is. What default behavior do you want changed? what is the url pointing to an example of the issue?
Old Nov 9, 2014, 03:29 PM
AmiG

8 posts · Aug 2013
Perhaps this will better explain the problem:
http://264824.com/2014-11-09_1707.swf

Thanks again.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 06:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Nope, tells me nothing. downloads a file to my drive which I won't run since it is flash and I don't run flash on my machine because of the security issued.

why don't you go to MTO_>export/import and attach the export to a reply.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 9, 2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 12:02 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Can you post a link to your site, instead? It's a lot more helpful.

If you view the source of your site, you'll see that Montezuma's stylesheet gets loaded towards the very top, then a bunch of other files, then finally your custom CSS, which I think is causing the lag between the blue and the red.

One suggestion would be to go through the virtual CSS files and comment out all instances of the blue link color that you don't want (#0090d3). You may also want to think about moving your custom CSS to the end of the various.css file, so it loads faster.

Then, to suppress the font-switching that you see on page load, look at the last post in this thread.