Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Background full-screen rotating images for specific pages?

Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:47 AM
jorgfoto

39 posts · Jul 2009
vermont, USA
Is it possible to rotate full-frame images in the background for specific pages? A client wants to upgrade her site using this look where, for instance, the "landscaping" category will have three rotating images in the background and then the next main category of "arbor plants" will have another , say, 4 images.
Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 03:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Anything is possible

is it part of the theme? nope.
Might there be a plugin that will do it? maybe - you will have to do a search
could someone code up something to get that effect? sure, you can probably find a programmer to do it

it would probaly invlove a jscrpit similar to what is done to rotate the header images with code to know what page you are on.

Putting a single background image on each page is child's play compared to rotating them.

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 16, 2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 09:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is one plugin that may do what you want.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 07:58 AM
jorgfoto

39 posts · Jul 2009
vermont, USA
Thanks guys,
Will try out the plug-in and report back. Otherwise may need a programmer to hop in here.....