Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Site Hacked? New lines in header.php, and added login.php, ip.php and convert_ip.php

Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:47 PM
ewlong

10 posts · May 2010
My site was hacked. The hacker had added lines to the header.php file that produced links and other text (some english, some appeared to be russian) at the top of pages. Also added three files named above.
I've removed the lines and the files. Header lines are gone.
Embarrassing part, I was still running Atahualpa 3.4.6
Looking into plugin called "System edit restriction" -- as another tool to fight hacks.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 04:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check all user id in wordpress
check all FTP accounts
change ALL your passwords: WP, FTP, EMAIL< CPANEL
run antivirus software on your computer

and I would do a full reinstall of the WP code, all plugin's and themes just incase they left some backdoor code in somewhere.

and look at this plugin Sucuri WordPress Security plugin

and upgrade the theme WP and all plugins

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 22, 2014 at 04:53 PM.