Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Create header widget area to the left of the RSS icon in logo area

Old Sep 30, 2014, 08:15 PM
elisabeth999

3 posts · Sep 2014
Hello:
I would like to add social media icons to the left of the RSS icon in the logo area of the header.
Based on my research in the forums (hours and hours), I understand that the best way to do this is to create custom text widgets which link to the social media icons in question.

Here is what I have tried.

I created two dynamic widgets in the header area, as follows:

"%pages <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header widget area&cells=2&align=2&align_2=3'); ?> %logo %bar1 %image %bar2 %cats"

Unfortunately, this creates widget areas above the blog title, just under the Pages menu, which is not what I want.

I am running Wordpress 4.0 and Atahualpa 3.7.18.
My site is here: http://www.thepassionateprojectmanager.com/

I am looking to add social media icons exactly to the left of the RSS icon.

Thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 09:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can use CSS to position the media icons.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 12:42 PM
elisabeth999

3 posts · Sep 2014
I inserted this code in the "ATO/Add HTML CSS Inserts":

#header_widget_area
{
bottom: 90%;
right: 10%;
position: absolute;
}

However, on my iPad the icon was positioned differently than on desktop computer.

When I tried "position:relative" instead of "position:absolute", I got a large white space in between the Pages Menu and the logo area.

Substituting px for % did not help.

Any advice as to what tweaks I can do to the CSS to make it work? I'd like the icons to land right next to the RSS icon in the BFA Subscribe area.
Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 02:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try
HTML Code:
#header_widget_area 
{
top: -70px;
height: 0;
position: relative;