Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Do I want the Color Picker?

Old Aug 20, 2014, 12:49 AM
Auriel Kitsu

43 posts · Aug 2014
Cincinnati, OH (USA)
Send a message via Yahoo to Auriel Kitsu Send a message via Skype™ to Auriel Kitsu
I just want to change the default Montezuma Blue in the theme to #FF000D Red. How complex would it be to change the accent color of the theme? If someone could lend a hand I was be grateful. I'm willing to spring for the Gold membership but don't get paid until the 3rd. Other than changing the color I have to say this is currently my favorite WordPress theme. The domain is http://kitsu.org/

Oh before I forget, how much would it change the look and feel of the theme if I swapped out Orbitron for Yanone Kaffeesatz? The reason I asked is because I have a WordPress installation for a non-profit foundation named HiddenCity at http://ecopsi.org/journal/

I'd would like to take the style elements from the html website and progressively rebuild the entire site in WordPress/Montezuma by the time 2015 rolls around on the calendar.

Code:
{
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Orbitron:400,700,500,900);
}
Old Aug 20, 2014, 02:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I just want to change the default Montezuma Blue in the theme to #FF000D Red. How complex would it be to change the accent color of the theme?
edit the virtual css files and make the exchanges. Note: you will probably want to change the colors of the CSS Sprites - see MTO->CSS Settings->Using Menu icons and read about the sprites. you will need to change the colors of the sprites in the file if you want them red.
HTML Code:
content.css:54: 	color: 					#0090d3; 
content.css:79: 	border-bottom-color: #0090d3;
content.css:81: 	color: 					#0090d3;	

posts.css:19: 	color: 					#0090d3; 
posts.css:44: 	color: 					#0090d3;
posts.css:58: 	color: 					#0090d3;
posts.css:269: 	color: 					#0090d3;
posts.css:275: 	background: 			#0090d3;

widgets.css:31:   	color: 				#0090d3;
widgets.css:42: 	color: 				#0090d3;

widgets-tagcloud.css:20: 	border: 				solid 1px #0090d3;
widgets-tagcloud.css:21: 	background: 		#0090d3;

menus-menu1.css:100: 	color: 					#0090d3; 
menus-menu1.css:112: 	border-top: 			solid 5px #0090d3;

menus-menu1-mobile.css:44: 		color: 				#0090d3;

menus-menu2.css:25: 	color: 					#0090d3; 

pagenav-multi.css:17: 	background: 			#0090d3;
pagenav-multi.css:18: 	border: 					solid 1px #0090d3;

breadcrumbs.css:27: 	color: 					#0090d3;

comments.css:110: 	color: 					#0090d3;
comments.css:144: 	color: 					#0090d3;

comments-pagination.css:25: 	background: 			#0090d3;
comments-pagination.css:26: 	border: 					solid 1px #0090d3;

comments-form.css:68: 	background: 			#0090d3;
comments-form.css:69: 	border: 					solid 1px #0090d3;
comments-form.css:100: 	border: 					solid 1px #0090d3;
comments-form.css:101: 	background: 			#0090d3;
Quote:
Oh before I forget, how much would it change the look and feel of the theme if I swapped out Orbitron for Yanone Kaffeesatz?
that is a subjective question - I might like it and you may not. Best thing to do is try it and see what you think
Old Aug 20, 2014, 03:48 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
In case you haven't come across it, yet, there's documentation for adding Google fonts under Appearance > Montezuma Options > CSS Settings > Adding Google Fonts.

Speaking of fonts, if you want to eliminate the "font flicker" that occurs when your site loads, look at the last post in this thread. By font flicker, I mean the very brief period of time (a second or two) when the page first loads where the font size is larger than it's supposed to be, then the correct font size clicks in.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 07:26 PM
Auriel Kitsu

43 posts · Aug 2014
Cincinnati, OH (USA)
Send a message via Yahoo to Auriel Kitsu Send a message via Skype™ to Auriel Kitsu
Thank you CrouchingBruin and JuggleDad
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:30 AM
Auriel Kitsu

43 posts · Aug 2014
Cincinnati, OH (USA)
Success with changing the color of the site.
http://kitsu.org/

And here is a more detailed breakdown of what I want to accomplish in Google Docs format and including screen captures.
http://goo.gl/qhRsFT

I've working on how to use the web fonts the way that I need. I want to remain true to the original design of the theme. It's grown on me. The longer I explore and play around with it the more clever I see the designer was. It's without question the best design and engineered theme I've ever discovered.

Anyway, I'm studying the web fonts and I'm going to keep the Yanone Kaffeesatz as the title and other 700 class text and very sparingly use Orbitron for things like the tag line following the site name. Appearance > Montezuma Options > CSS Settings > Adding Google Fonts.
I am having trouble understanding how to format the declaration indicating the name and weight of the font-family.

I tried formatting it like so
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?fami...,500,700,900);

Which works fine with Orbitron but when I punch in the following nothing happens. It defautls to san sarif ariel, helvetica.
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?fami...eesatz:400,700)

Anyone have a thought or two?

To be clear, I'm trying to change the "Times New Roman" font to "Yanone Kaffeesatz".
http://codepen.io/Auriel/pen/vobGq

Thank you.

Last edited by Auriel Kitsu; Aug 23, 2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2014, 09:09 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Quote:
I am having trouble understanding how to format the declaration indicating the name and weight of the font-family.
You shouldn't have to use an @import statement with Montezuma. If you go to the Add Google Fonts section, there's an input field where you add the fonts that you want to retrieve, one font per line. It has, by default, Yanone+Kaffeesatz:400,200:latin, so if you want to include the 700 weight, just add it as one of the weights: Yanone+Kaffeesatz:400,200,700:latin. Then add another line for Orbitron: Orbitron:400,900,500,700:latin. You should be able to then set the font-family and font-weight of whatever element you want in the virtual CSS files. If you want to use Orbitron as the font family for the tagline:
Code:
#tagline {
   font-family: Orbitron,sans-serif;
   font-weight: 400;
}
Old Aug 23, 2014, 10:16 PM
Auriel Kitsu

43 posts · Aug 2014
Cincinnati, OH (USA)
I was trying to do it outside of Montezuma in order to find tune the font effect I want.
Shadow over the title as well as fine tune the letter-spacing and word-spacing.
I guess I should get distracted by learning how to do this but it's fascinating all the things you can do with web fonts.
http://codepen.io/Auriel/pen/vobGq

Update
I put a copy into a test server that I setup and it works fine. There must be something wrong with CodePen.io that is preventing it from working. Thanks for the help you two.

Last edited by Auriel Kitsu; Aug 24, 2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Update