Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Possible to have more than one Atahualpa themes installed?

Old Jul 21, 2014, 09:52 PM
laizafah

7 posts · Jul 2014
I love my Atahualpa theme so much that I would like to have a second instance of it which will be customized for mobile devices. Then I will use the Any Mobile Theme Switcher plugin to direct mobile devices to that theme. Is it possible to have a second instance of Atahualpa installed? I know that I could just go into the wp-content/themes folder and copy atahaulpa to a new name, but I'm guessing it might not be so simple as that.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you search the forum?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 05:43 PM
laizafah

7 posts · Jul 2014
Hi JD,

Not sure which keyword(s) would be optimal for a forum search. I tried "more than one" and "multiple" as keywords but there's a lot of noise in the results...
Old Jul 30, 2014, 07:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try looking at the sticky threads in this forum
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:02 PM
laizafah

7 posts · Jul 2014
Unless you know what keywords, I can't find it. There are 7 or 8 stickies there and none of them have topics relevant to my question.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 09:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, the long and short is yes it is possible, but you will have to do some work.

The theme stores all the options in a row of the wp-options table with an id of 'bfa_ata4'. So to make this work you will

1) need to make a copy of the theme folder and name it something different like 'atahualpa-mobile'
2) edit style.css and change the 'Theme Name' and 'Version' to something new
3) edit the theme code and change all references of 'bfa_ata4' to something else.
4) document what you have done so you can make the changes the next time Atahualpa is updated.

You will basically have created a new theme.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 07:43 PM
laizafah

7 posts · Jul 2014
Muy muy! Thanks that is extremely helpful I'm very excited about doing this and having a separate theme for mobile devices.