Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Multisite »

[SOLVED] different settings files in database?

Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:00 AM
ericnl

21 posts · Feb 2014
hello,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right part of the forum, but it seems the most appropriate.

since Atahualpa does not have a mobile setting, I decided to use a plugin that redirects mobile users to a different theme within my wordpress setup. for this theme I duplicated the Atahualpa theme that I had just configured, called it Atamobile, and started editing the new theme to make it more functional on mobile devices. but when switching back to the 'normal' Ata theme, I saw that it had taken all my new edits to the old theme as well!!!!

I'm guessing that the theme options are somewhere stored in the database instead of the theme folders, so this is my question: how can I set up a different theme options file for my mobile theme?
is there a file I can edit so it would use another database entry for each setup of the theme?

thanks,
Eric.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa uses one row in the wp-options table to store all it's settings, the 'bfa_ata4' row.
If you want to change this, there are 34 places in the code you will need to change
Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:42 AM
ericnl

21 posts · Feb 2014
34 places is ok. I will only change those in the mobile version.
are they spread out in 34 different files, or in less files on multiple lines?

thanks
Old Jun 25, 2014, 05:59 AM
ericnl

21 posts · Feb 2014
I'm trying to locate them all through Cyberduck, I'll let you know if I can't find all 34 of them...
Old Jun 25, 2014, 06:17 AM
ericnl

21 posts · Feb 2014
ok, I found 34, replaced them with 'bfa_ata4m'.
I guess that I need to click "Save Changes" on most or all of the Atahualpa Options Tabs, which I'll do now, if everything works like I hope it will I'll let you know so you can set this thread to SOLVED.

bfa_ata4 locations that I found:

01 in upload.php
10 in functions.php
01 in download.php
09 in functions > bfa_theme_options.php
07 in functions > bfa_get_options.php
01 in functions > bfa_css_admin_head.php
03 in functions > bfa_ata_add_admin.php
03 in options > ata_admin.js
Old Jun 25, 2014, 07:16 AM
ericnl

21 posts · Feb 2014
right, so that wasn't as easy as I hoped it would be. :/
I ended up just copy/pasting all the settings by hand, constantly switching from the normal to the mobile theme and back again, but in the end it was worth it because it works!!!
(I could have tried duplicating and renaming the database file before I edited the theme options to reflect the new database line)

in case anybody else wants to do this: the plugin I used is called 'Any Mobile Theme Switcher'.

but remember: if you're going to do this, you are going to have to update the 34 mentions of the database every single time you update the Atahualpa theme...