Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Menu dissapeared when updating to 3.7.13

Old Jan 30, 2014, 01:43 AM
GeoffHoff

3 posts · Jan 2014
The site url is http://www.theonlinenewbie.com/
I just upgraded to WordPress 3.8.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.13
My header, menu and footer disappeared in the update. I found items in this forum to fix the header and footer, but nothing about the menu disappearing. (There were some very old items about menus, but they didn't seem to apply.)
I have a custom menu and it is set to menu 1 - I tried re-saving that, no luck. Tried saving the menu item in Atahualpa options, no luck.
I don't have a caching program.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 04:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you are using a WP custom menu, go to dashboard->appearances->menu and save the location again.
if not, what do you have in ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Jan 30, 2014, 10:28 PM
GeoffHoff

3 posts · Jan 2014
As I stated in my original post, I am using a custom WP menu, which I have re-saved. In fact, I've re-saved it several times, and the menu still doesn't show up.

The only thing in ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area is:
%image

Thanks.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 03:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
The only thing in ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area is:
%image
if that is all you have, then that is all you will get. If you want a custom menu or even a Atahualpa aotomatic menu, you have to include %pages or %cats in the 'Configure Header Area' option. the %pages versions will use the menu you assign to 'Menu 1' location (in dashboard->appearances->menu) and %cat will display the menu you assign to 'Menu 2' location (this applis if you use the %page-center also)

This has been in effect since WordPress added Custom Menus.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:16 AM
GeoffHoff

3 posts · Jan 2014
That worked. Thanks. Not sure why it was okay in the last version and not in this, but as long as it's all there, now, I'm happy.