Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

trying to get a wordpress image gallery centered now most recent post doesn't show

Old Nov 13, 2013, 07:35 PM
colinruggiero

23 posts · Feb 2012
I was just working on trying to get a wordpress image gallery centered and now my most recent post doesn't show up on my blog page. The first post listed is the one dated after that most recent one. I'm unaware of anything I could have done to cause this - I was simply messing with text in the post. Any ideas what I might have done or what could have happened. I'm using wordpress v.3.7.1 and Atahualpa v. 3.7.12

The blog is www.colinruggiero.com and the post that is missing from the feed is:
http://colinruggiero.com/?p=744

Thanks very much,
Colin

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 14, 2013 at 04:20 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 04:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you tried disabling ALL plugins?
Have you tried looking at the site in another browser?
have you looked at the content of the post - and remove it all but some text?

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 26, 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 06:36 PM
colinruggiero

23 posts · Feb 2012
Thanks Juggledad. Finally had a chance to try your suggestions. I did all of those things but the problem remains. So weird. Everything works fine and all the blog posts show up except the latest one. I can navigate to it manually but it won't show up on my aggregate "posts" page. I also tried un-publishing and re-publishing it. Any other ideas?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 07:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What do you have set at dashboard->settings->reading->Front Page displays
if it is not 'Your latest posts' the what is the 'Post Page' set to?
And just what does the 'Blog' link display??

how might this all relate to your missing latest post??
Old Nov 27, 2013, 11:47 AM
colinruggiero

23 posts · Feb 2012
Thanks a lot for your help Juggledad. Just assumed it was some buggy thing since It's always seemed to work the way I had it before. The "blog" link in my main menu went to a category instead of a page. As you suspected I guess. Thanks again.

Do you happen to know any secrets about getting wordpress galleries to center in the post without using the <center> tag?
Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the reason it wasn't showing is you did not add the category 'blog' to the post

Quote:
Do you happen to know any secrets about getting wordpress galleries to center in the post without using the <center> tag?
you could use some CSS to replace the <center>
Old Nov 27, 2013, 08:01 PM
colinruggiero

23 posts · Feb 2012
I still haven't added the category "blog" to my post. Nor had I removed any category when it initially disappeared. I just changed the "blog" menu item in Wordpress to link to my blog page rather than to a category page. I see what you're saying about having been able to fix it by adding the category "blog" to my post but that makes me wonder why it displayed properly before but then stopped at some point. I must have accidentally removed that category from the post? In any case, thanks very much again.

I tried centering wordpress galleries with CSS but didn't get very far. I'll try again at some point and probably end up posting here with some question or another. Thanks for all you do here.