Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] back to top links on pages suddenly stopped working

Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:39 AM
rainbow

13 posts · Apr 2013
On several of my pages, up-arrows next to each sub-heading that are linked to a "top" anchor have suddenly stopped working. They worked fine for years, and I haven't touched them. All the other anchors/tags on the pages work fine (there's a menu at the top of the page linking to anchors at various subheadings) - only the "top" anchor isn't working. I've been over and over the code, and I can't see anything wrong with it. I googled and found a solution (add id="top") for FireFox, but this is not a FireFox specific problem - they don't work in IE either.

Here are a couple of the affected pages:

mihansa.net/my-korean-drama-lists

http://mihansa.net/korean-drama-sageuk

What the heck am I missing??
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
step (1) in debugging - disable ALL plugins and test again
Old Sep 2, 2013, 02:22 PM
rainbow

13 posts · Apr 2013
I fixed it, though I don't know why my solution worked - maybe you can help with that.

Since it was only the "top" tag/anchor that wasn't working, and all the other tag/anchors were fine, I postulated that it had to be something about that particular term. Perhaps "top" had been allotted to some other purpose in an updated version of WordPress, Atahualpa, or html (all of which have updated somewhat recently)? The solutions I ran across in my google search noted that tags/anchors are case sensitive, and must match each other. Mine all matched (lower case), but since that made uppercase essentially a different tag, I decided to change "top" to "TOP."

That corrected the problem for FireFox, but not for IE. In IE, it not only didn't jump to the anchor location (which was, surprise, surprise, at the top of the page), but instead jumped to the BOTTOM of the page.

I decided to try an entirely different term, and replaced "top" and/or "TOP" with "start." That works fine in all browsers, for whatever reason.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 02:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Don't know, using 'top' works for me. But I'm glad you resolved it.