Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Insert From Media Library Into Page Very Difficult

Old Aug 25, 2013, 12:35 PM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
I have been making slow but steady progress in creating my first website. Today I hit a problem that makes me think that I missed something rather than a functional problem in the website code.

When I go to INSERT an audio file from the Media Library, there are two problems:

1. The menu I get only shows file name rather than the Titles I created when I uploaded the files.

2. The file names appear in random order and do not provide any way to sort them alphabetically.

What am I missing? I can't believe that this is the way it is supposed to work where the user has to open each file to figure out if that is the right one.

Thank you.

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 25, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 01:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is the way WordPress works. I always give files meaningful names for that reason. You can also view by type of file and you can search for a file by title.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 03:03 PM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
Based on your answer it sounds like I did not describe the problem accurately. On the Insert From Media Library screen it does not give the options you mentioned. It only provides file name, not the Title, and appears in random order with no capability to modify the order.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 03:26 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
As a test, swap to the twenty-twelve theme and try it again. If the same issue shows up, you will need to aask teh question at wordpress.org because it isn't a theme issue.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 03:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrightonNY
Based on your answer it sounds like I did not describe the problem accurately. On the Insert From Media Library screen it does not give the options you mentioned. It only provides file name, not the Title, and appears in random order with no capability to modify the order.
The options I mentioned are viewing by type of file (image, audio, etc) via a dropdown menu and there is a search box to search for a particular file. There is not option to sort and they are in the library in the order uploaded.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 05:54 PM
BrightonNY

38 posts · Jul 2013
Juggledad: Excellent suggestion. Unfortunately, the result was the same. I will post on Wordpress.org as I cannot believe that anyone who deals with audio files can work this way. Thank you.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 06:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think that some plugins for dealing with audio files may give you a different interface and a different way of working with them. I would try out a few to see if any meet your needs.