Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Organizing the Media Library ??

Old Nov 3, 2009, 08:51 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
We have 393 images on 20 pages and I am about to bulk-upload another 20+.

I'm hoping there's some way (a plugin would seem to be the obvious route) to either arrange images and/or media in folders, or at the least, maybe just apply tags which would enable "finding" the images one's after via a "Search".

WP's ability to filter only by "date" is sort of sad.

While WP apparently does not permit you to tag images, the standard search seems to find "words" used in the photo's "description" -- I guess I could just adopt the practice of inserting "tags" in the images' "description" boxes.

What's everybody out there doing? I'm betting lots of you have WAY MORE than our 393 images.

Jim
Old Nov 3, 2009, 09:03 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
In the main settings, you can have the images organized by month and year....or is that the default?

Anyway, I find that just giving the images a descriptive name is enough. We have 794 images in the library. There's one called "overrainbeau.jpg". I used the search field and typed "rainbeau" and found it immediately.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 06:27 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Hey Paula: Yeah, I think the month/year set up is the default organizational tool. That will work okay for a chronologic sequential blog.

But, I'm setting up for ecommerce -- will be uploading 100's (hoping business is good!) of wooden dropspindles that all look a lot alike. There'll be "model" and "serial" numbers -- be neat if I could separate images "by model". Once a product is sold, its image(s) will be deleted.

I hadn't really thought about it until just now, but I'm using the Shopp plugin to handle the ecommerce inside the WordPress system. I was just assuming that the inventory images would be stored in the Media Center along with all the rest of the WP images. Maybe, just maybe, Shopp will provide its own image repository. Obviously, I'm still low on the Shopp learning curve.

But, even if the "store" images might be separate, I STILL think there should (must?) be something better for keeping all your images collated behind the scenes.

Jim