Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Sidebars and center column moves when changing screen resolution

Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:19 AM
Lussemul

3 posts · Mar 2013
Hi out there!

I hope, that someone can help me out - I have lost all my hair in trying to figure this out, and nothing works (. In Explorer it looks great in 100%, but when changing screen resolution, my sidebars moves to the middle, and the column increases to nothing (only showing one letter on every row). It also looks absolutely weird on iphone and ipad. I would like a site, where my sitebars stays at the same place according to the background and center coloumn - but that the layout is fluid, so it resizes to iphone, ipad and other resolutions....

My sidebars are both 300 width and my two pictures 200, so the should be enough space for the pictures.

This is the site (still demo and low res pictures: www.dekovision.dk

Style and configure layout:
I have fluid layout at 99%
0 in min. / max width (but have tried anything)
0 in padding
0 in layout container padding

Centercolumn style:
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;

Style Post and Pages - Post container:
margin: 350px 350px 0px 350px;

Style and configure sidebars: left and right
border-right: solid 0px #ffffff;
padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
background: transparent;

CSS Insert:
td#left { position: relative;
left: 320px;
top: 500px; }
td#right { position: relative;
right: 350px;
top: 400; }

Im using Ata 3.7.11

Can anyone figure out what I have done wrong?

Thanks in advantage...and hopes and crossed fingers )

Charlotte
Old Mar 24, 2013, 01:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I'm not clear on what you want. For instance what is the purpose to the code for the left and right sidebars you put in CSS Inserts?