Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages

Old Mar 20, 2013, 09:32 AM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
I seem to have a problem getting this to work the way I expect it to work.
I want to set up a mobile test page and not use the right sidebar.
I have some widgets in the right sidebar, that continued to show up on my mobile test page. I cannot exempt them.

ATO->style and configure sidebars-> RIGHT sidebar: Don't display on Pages
I put the post ID in there, expecting that there will be no sidebar on that post. But the sidebar is still there.

Here is the URL of the test page: http://fivestarplumbingcompany.com/mobile-test-page/

I also tested this on another test website, with the same results. Don't display appears not be working properly.

Atahualpa 3.7.11
WP 3.5.1.

I have screenshots to show how I got the ID, and where I placed it.
Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ATO-sidebar.jpg
Views:	1192
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	2280  Click image for larger version

Name:	post-id.jpg
Views:	1189
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2281  
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That page is a single post 'page' - the setting is for 'Page' pages.
if you don't want it to show on single posts, uncheck the 'RIGHT sidebar: Display on:'->Single Posts
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:37 AM
RP_Joe

24 posts · Aug 2010
Philippines
I want it to display on all single posts except that one. Maybe I should change to a page. Then it would be exempt.

Thats what I did. The page works fine. Thank you.

Last edited by RP_Joe; Mar 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2013, 10:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that feature could probably be patched, if you are interested, send me a PM and I'll estimate how much it would cost to do.