Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click here to register or to donate.
Auto self-registration is not available here - far too many spammers. This forum has many, many backlinks and because of that there is an intense desire among spammers to drop their links here.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Chipin Widget cutting off/resizing in theme


  #1  
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:45 PM
CreateMoreDesigns
 
2 posts · Jan 2013
I am trying to add a Chipin widget to the sidebar but it keeps resizing and cutting it off, as you can see on the sidebar here:

This is what the widget is supposed to look like: http://helpaarontoday.chipin.com/video-game-contests

and here is the embed code:

Code:
<embed src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/b3e2b4062a997c4e" flashVars="color_scheme=blue" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed>
I even tried adding it to a page/post and it did the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  #2  
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:50 PM
jerryc
 
367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreateMoreDesigns
I am trying to add a Chipin widget to the sidebar but it keeps resizing and cutting it off.
Are you using the css grid system? You may need to widen the sidebar. You can configure it however you want from dashboard > montezuma options > css, as long as your total in each row adds up to 12. I think the default layout is 9 content, 3 sidebar. Try 8-4 and 7-5 and see what looks best with your widget.
  #3  
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:55 PM
CreateMoreDesigns
 
2 posts · Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc
Are you using the css grid system? You may need to widen the sidebar. You can configure it however you want from dashboard > montezuma options > css, as long as your total in each row adds up to 12. I think the default layout is 9 content, 3 sidebar. Try 8-4 and 7-5 and see what looks best with your widget.
I'll give that a try. It's just puzzling because there are other widgets that are displaying wider than it is. And it's not cutting off left to right, it's cutting off the bottom and making it not as wide as it's supposed to be. The same thing happens when I insert the code into a post, where the length/width is well above 250 x 250
  #4  
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:20 PM
jerryc
 
367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreateMoreDesigns
I'll give that a try. It's just puzzling because there are other widgets that are displaying wider than it is. And it's not cutting off left to right, it's cutting off the bottom and making it not as wide as it's supposed to be. The same thing happens when I insert the code into a post, where the length/width is well above 250 x 250
Try inspecting each element with firebug and see what the css says. Also try wrapping it in a div large enough to fit it. I had a similar problem with youtube embeds, and the wrapper solved it.

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Header Images Right Side overlapping prior, cutting off question dyoung50 Header configuration & styling 2 Feb 28, 2012 05:07 PM
Header Area Widget Table auto resizing holyyakker Sidebars & Widgets 1 Feb 2, 2011 01:42 PM
Category links cutting off under each post Writing on Your iPhone Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer 3 Sep 26, 2010 07:53 AM
Header keeps resizing itself gwpad Forum How-To 2 Apr 8, 2010 01:07 PM
Manual excerpt still cutting last word buzz628 Excerpts, Read more, Pagination 5 Feb 8, 2010 07:35 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.