Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Compatible with PHP 5.4? (PHP 4 & 5.2 will not be supported by my host anymore)

Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:39 AM
matt700acres

1 posts · Oct 2011
Love the theme and ability to customize it to meet a bunch of varying client needs. Just got notice from my Web host that they will be moving on to PHP 5.4 as of April 2013 and that PHP versions 4 & 5.2 will no longer be supported.

Does this pose problems for the ATA theme? If so, what back versions will no longer work? Most of my sites are using the latest versions of the theme, but I have several using older 3.49 versions.

Also, do you think this will impact WP itself and various other plug-ins?

Thanks!

- Matt700acres
matt@700acres.com
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:17 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just put my hosting on 5.4 and saw no immediate issues but as will all things technical testing for all possibilities is not possible. I would just be ready to update what is needed at that time.