Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Site content disappears when I publish a post

Old Oct 1, 2012, 10:41 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
Hi BFA!

When I published a post this morning, it made my site content disappear! Any ideas why this is happeneing?
Help!!!

www.southernsentiment.com

Thanks,

Jennifer
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I see the site, what's the issue?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:16 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
I just published a post. Take a look at the site now. All content disappears. When I mark the post as a draft, the content reappears. I have tested multiple categories.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so if you unpublish this last post the site appears again right?
if so, there is something is nthe post that is causing an error pull out all the text (copy it to a new file) and add the content back in a bit at a time till you find what causes the error.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:42 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
correct!

I already did that. It still doesn't work. I tried doing a text only post and it works fine. However, when I post something with pictures (which I usually do) it bums out.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Try disabling ALL your plugins
Old Oct 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
I didn't have a chance to disable Plugins. Somehow it resolved itself. Weird!

However, now my comment count is showing up in two places on posts. Look at Home & Garden --> Chicken Coop --> click on post Build It & They Will Come. You will see the count I have in the byline and off to the right in the kicker(I think). (I don't want the one in kicker). This started the same time as the other issue with posts.

I can post a new thread if you need me to. Not sure how that worked.

Many thanks,

Jennifer
Old Oct 2, 2012, 04:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
once again disable ALL plugins and see if it goes away. if so add them back one at a time till you find the culprit
Old Oct 2, 2012, 07:11 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
I disabled all plugins and added back one by one. I now have no content. :-(
Old Oct 2, 2012, 07:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you disable all the plugins do you have content?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 07:57 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
The content is back up....but now I have two gravatars and 2 comment counts in my posts:

Can't figure out where it is coming from.

Home & Garden --> Chicken Coop--> Build It & They Will Come.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 08:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
So if you disable all plugins the content shows up, but when you activate them the content goes away. What does this tell you?
Old Oct 2, 2012, 08:03 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
I fixed the gravatar issue. Wordpress Gravatar plugin was the culprit.

Deactivating/Activating all plugins did not fix the comment count issue.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 08:04 AM
SouthernSentiment

13 posts · Aug 2012
Btw, the content disappearing was a memory issue with bluehost. I found it by looking at the cpanel error log.
Old Oct 2, 2012, 11:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the '2' is the start of the line ' 2 comments ...' and you can see the rest of the line at the bottom of the post. I suspect something in your css inserts is causing it.

here is what to do, go to the CSS inserts and copy the contents to a text file then remove them from the css insets and see what the result is. If that fixes it, then one of the inserts is the cause so add them in a bit at a time till you find the culprit.