Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Post menu bar and category menu bar on the same line

Old Jul 12, 2012, 01:26 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
WP 3.4.1
Atahualpa 3.7.7

There is a thread from 2009 detailing how to have Categories and Pages appear to be in one menu bar (ie, on the same line)

Is there a way to do that now?

I have a few top level categories (which I like because of the excerpts function), and a few Pages (which I like because they contain all the content). And I want them to be (or appear to be) integrated into one bar in the header area.

Development site is at http://mayapplepress.com/wordpress

Any thoughts?

Thanks

zip
Old Jul 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why not build a WordPress Custom menu where you can mix the page and categories in the same menu?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 01:06 AM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Of course, exactly what WP custom menu was meant to do!

So I put together the custom menu and popped it into the header area of Atahualpa and it worked.

But now we run into the issue of the custom menu not carrying over the same styling as the Atahualpa "pages" and "categories" menus.

At the moment the custom menu picks up the font color, padding, background color and hover background I had chose when I was still using the Atahualpa menu options. And it even picks up a padding choice I inserted in the CSS / HTML inserts section. But it does not include the dropdown arrows graphic nor does it show the dropdowns on mouse over.

Thoughts?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it works for me,

go back and look at your custom menu - remember you have to save the menu when you make changes to it. Sub pages are made by dragging an entry under and to the right of it's parent - then you have to hit save.

what menu item should have sub pages?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:14 AM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Aha. It came to me overnight, I forgot to add the sub-categories and sub-pages to the WP Custom Menu. Now that I've done that, it works. as expected.

Thanks, as ever, for the help and suggestions.