Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Is Version 3.6.4 Compatible with WP 3.3?

Old Dec 24, 2011, 08:20 AM
GRF

76 posts · Mar 2011
I just tried activating v.3.6.4 and get the following error after upgrading Wordpress to v3.3

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There was an issue in the 3.6.x versions with Suhosin (you can search the forums) and theret are a number of BUGFIX's to apply (Olde Versions & Updates - threads starting with BUGFIX 364-nn)

but why not install 3.7.3 which is thE latest version?
Old Dec 28, 2011, 07:14 AM
utcarsons

11 posts · Nov 2010
I'm even worse... Wondering if it is going to break my 3.5.1.

I've tried updating several times to the new 3.7.x and it breaks some things on the site that I haven't been able to figure out how to fix... like my multicolumn category pages...

Feel free to have a peek and tell me what I'm missing if you like. I couldn't figure it out. I tried using a template posted, but it only works for one page. I couldn't figure out how to get a second category page to work. (I use 2 custom category pages with my current setup for the "available dogs page" and the "special medical fund" page.

Im really feeling like Im getting stuck here, but ever time I try and install the new version, I get frustrated and switch back.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
... like my multicolumn category pages...
did you remember to copy the template into the new theme folder?

there was a change to the theme about thenm because of new wordpress restrictions so any template might need to be updated.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:30 AM
utcarsons

11 posts · Nov 2010
Ive tried it again today and now have the current theme operating. I think I have completely missed the boat with the template though. Maybe you can help. I dont understand how I can use it on more than one page. After reading more, I think I may be trying to set it up improperly. I was making changes IN the template.php file rather than making a custom field in the page. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a custom field to my page though! Im pulling my hair out here.

And yes, I did copy the template over. I just now re-copied a fresh version.

Edited to add: I did have it actually working earlier today, but I had made changes to the template, so it wouldn't work on more than one page.

Last edited by utcarsons; Dec 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
utcarsons

11 posts · Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by utcarsons
Ive tried it again today and now have the current theme operating. I think I have completely missed the boat with the template though. Maybe you can help. I dont understand how I can use it on more than one page. After reading more, I think I may be trying to set it up improperly. I was making changes IN the template.php file rather than making a custom field in the page. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add a custom field to my page though! Im pulling my hair out here.

And yes, I did copy the template over. I just now re-copied a fresh version.

Edited to add: I did have it actually working earlier today, but I had made changes to the template, so it wouldn't work on more than one page.
Figured it out... SCREEN OPTIONS... smacks forehead...
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I hope you didn't hurt yourself . Will mark as solved.