Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.6.8 released

Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:52 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa 3.6.8 - download here

Changelog 3.6.8:

- esc_js added to get_search_query, XSS vulnerability
- Issue with css.php: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14143
- Page titles doubled & 'title' attribute missing post title: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14718
- PHP errors when adding widget areas: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14160
- Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=14816
- PHP was still being advertised as being available at "Edit POST/PAGE info items"
- CSS print style would not work right in some cases
- Removed propretiary "bfa_escape" function
- Replaced propretiary "Tabs" javascript with jQuery -> 1 file less to be loaded in the backend
- The internal CSS & JS files for the Ata admin area are now added through WP
- After you imported a style, you had to reload the admin area manually to see the new values. Now the page reloads automatically after a style was imported.
- Removed several PHP Notices in the included widgets Recent Posts/Popular Posts/Popular in Category
- Changed the page slug (see browser URL field) of the Atahualpa admin area from "functions.php" to "atahualpa-options"
- Replaced <?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?> with '/wp-content/themes/atahualpa' in the CSS image paths of all 5 included styles. ***

Issues found by the theme check plugin:
- Both DOS and UNIX style line endings were found in the file bfa_theme_options.php
- Text domain missing at some places in functions.php, comments.php, legacy.comments.php and comments-paged.php

I tested Atahualpa 3.6.8 on WP 3.2.1, with WP_DEBUG: true, and the theme check plugin

Sorry that this took so long. The next update should be within a couple weeks, or if required, days.

*** Since custom PHP inside theme options is not parsed anymore, those PHP tags did not work anymore. With the hardcoded image paths the images of the 5 styles work again, but only if you have Atahualpa at /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/
Old Oct 2, 2011, 07:22 PM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Quirk: The save changes button now bounces me back to the main Atahualpa options intro, instead of allowing me to stay on that options page.

Quite happy to see the update. Thanks Flynn.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 03:34 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmower
Quirk: The save changes button now bounces me back to the main Atahualpa options intro, instead of allowing me to stay on that options page.

Quite happy to see the update. Thanks Flynn.
Thanks for finding this. I'd like to wait until tomorrow to see whether more issues are found before I release a 3.6.9

To fix it yourself in 3.6.8 you could edit /atahualpa/options/ata-admin.js, near the top:

Replace:

HTML Code:
    $("ul#bfaoptiontabs li a").live("click", function() {
        var curTab = $(this).attr('rel');
        $("div.tabcontent").css("display", "none");
        $("div#" + curTab).css("display", "block");
        $("ul#bfaoptiontabs li a").removeClass("selected");
        $(this).addClass("selected");
    });
with this:

HTML Code:
    var atahualpacookie=new RegExp("atahualpatabposition=[^;]+", "i"); 
    if( document.cookie.match(atahualpacookie) ) {
        var curTab = document.cookie.match(atahualpacookie)[0].split("=")[1];
        $("div#" + curTab).css("display", "block");
        $("ul#bfaoptiontabs li a[rel=" + curTab +"]").addClass("selected");
    }

$("ul#bfaoptiontabs li a").live("click", function() {
        var newTab = $(this).attr('rel');
        $("div#" + newTab).css("display", "block");
        $(this).addClass("selected");
        document.cookie = 'atahualpatabposition=' + newTab + ';path=/';
    });
Old Oct 3, 2011, 07:26 AM
mdmower

76 posts · Jul 2010
Missouri, USA
Thank you.

Last edited by mdmower; Oct 3, 2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Manual refresh fixed the issue I was reporting here.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 09:12 AM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
Doing my first update I learned that images I uploaded to /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/ were deleted and so had to be re-uploaded.

So in future I now have a separate location for my custom images and refer to the full page to that when using them in Atahualpa (e.g. /images).

However, this does not work for the custom logo, which Atahualpa requires is located in /wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/

This means that after every update one has to restore this (and other?) files manually. Assuming this is true, please can you change it so one can specify the full path of the logo image (Style & edit HEADER AREA)

Mark
Old Oct 3, 2011, 09:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
To point to a logo in a different folder you can just use ../../../ to go up to the wp-content folder and then complete the path to your image. For instance if you had an image titled mylogo.jpg in uploads/logos you could use
HTML Code:
../../../uploads/logos/mylogo.jpg
Old Oct 3, 2011, 03:42 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
I second the vote on being able to specify the custom header images location. Any files in the images/header folder should not be deleted with a theme upgrade.

In fact, perhaps the upgrade could be smart enough to not do anything with the files in images/header if there are files already there.

The practice of overwriting that area is somewhat irritating, requiring extra steps (and probably extra forum messages) on each theme upgrade.

Otherwise, an excellent theme ! I don't use any other.

....Rick...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:07 PM
webalyst

82 posts · Nov 2010
London, UK
Miles: thanks, will try that.

Rick: agreed. we need a better solution.

Mark
Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:09 PM
not2old2learn

71 posts · Aug 2010
If Flynn is releasing 3.6.9 in the next couple of weeks (or days if necessary) is it necessary to upgrade to 3.6.8 now? Wouldn't it just be easier to upgrade once?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When I asked Flynn about this many moons ago, he told me that this was a wordpress requirement - however it looks like a theme (twenty-eleven) can now use the wordpress uploads features so maybe this will get into a new release.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
No necessity. I have sites at many different versions.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 05:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I am already working on a completely new backend for Atahualpa 4.0 that uses the new WP Settings API, it will have direct image uploads, and image sorting with drag & drop, and everything will be saved in the WP Uploads folder.

Making the transition smooth for 3.X users will be the tough part. There's quite a bit in Atahualpa that I'd like to replace. The code base is 3 years old now, and other themes have catched up

I am mainly concerned about how much I'd alienate current Atahualpa users if the upgrade breaks a couple things. With custom CSS etc. I see no way to make this absolutely painless.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 06:56 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa 3.6.9 released

3.6.9 has the bugfix from post #3 in this thread
Old Apr 2, 2012, 04:28 PM
studioelle

40 posts · Mar 2010
Alabama, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
I am already working on a completely new backend for Atahualpa 4.0 that uses the new WP Settings API, it will have direct image uploads, and image sorting with drag & drop, and everything will be saved in the WP Uploads folder.

Making the transition smooth for 3.X users will be the tough part. There's quite a bit in Atahualpa that I'd like to replace. The code base is 3 years old now, and other themes have catched up

I am mainly concerned about how much I'd alienate current Atahualpa users if the upgrade breaks a couple things. With custom CSS etc. I see no way to make this absolutely painless.
I don't think it can be absolutely painless...it just comes with the territory. I think it is very important to move ATA to HTML 5/CSS 3/responsive layout. Hopefully people will understand as long as there are several warnings, etc. Perhaps a guideline as to what css calls have changed (i.e. the menu item used to be "this", but is now "this") would be useful. Or maybe it should just be suggested for new sites? Everybody has to redesign at some point. :D I would definitely donate towards implementing the new technologies. (edit: I just donated some and will donate lots more when available!)

Last edited by studioelle; Apr 2, 2012 at 04:32 PM.