Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Atahualpa 3.4.9 released

Old May 10, 2010, 03:37 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'm closing this thread because it is getting unwieldily. If you have a problem with 3.4.9 open a new thread (if there isn't one describing your issue) and title it '3.4.9 - xxxxxxxxxxxxx' where xxxxxxxxxxx is a descripition of your issue.
Thanks
juggledad

===================================
Yet another release. This one I tested locally and on a web host, in both cases with and without existing 3.4.6 settings in the database.

http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=90

You may have to delete the option 'bfa_ata4' from the wp_options table in the WP database if you installed 3.4.7 or 3.4.8 before, see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=7026 post #2 or alternatively post #7

If you get a broken layout with only the footer text, or missing header etc., it means the new settings format was not picked up, thus the almost blank page.

In that case please try a browser restart, I had the same issue yesterday night and today morning it was gone. I appears to be a caching issue, I'll need to dig deeper into this, but as mentioned 3.4.9 works for me, locally and hosted, with and without existing Atahualpa settings

• If no previous settings exist, you should get the new "default" style
  • If previous settings exists (you already have an older Atahualpa version running on that WP installation) then you should get an identical looking site as you had before, with your previous style, but with the new settings format and the import/export function

As always, I suggest that you upload this version under a new name, i.e.

/wp-content/themes/atahualpa349/

You should do this with every new version, that way you can always switch back to the previous version at WP Admin -> Themes

Your existing setting in the database are not being overwritten by 3.4.9

Last edited by juggledad; May 12, 2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old May 10, 2010, 03:53 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I just downloaded 3.4.9 and installed it after having 3.4.8 installed. No problems so far.

UPDATE: Ah. One problem. I imported ata-round.txt, but it over-wrote my other settings. I guess I thought it would just deal with the rounding issues. Perhaps there should be a warning about this.

Last edited by paulae; May 10, 2010 at 04:08 PM.
Old May 10, 2010, 04:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Now we're in business. The only thing I had to do to kick start the CSS was to set the CSS Internal/External to External, Save, Set back to Internal, Save and all is good.
Old May 10, 2010, 04:34 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
I just downloaded 3.4.9 and installed it after having 3.4.8 installed. No problems so far.

UPDATE: Ah. One problem. I imported ata-round.txt, but it over-wrote my other settings. I guess I thought it would just deal with the rounding issues. Perhaps there should be a warning about this.
Currently there's no merging of existing and new settings, it's all or nothing. I'll add more fine grained import / export features later
Old May 10, 2010, 04:39 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Now we're in business. The only thing I had to do to kick start the CSS was to set the CSS Internal/External to External, Save, Set back to Internal, Save and all is good.
That's good to hear.

If you had the setting "External" before, 1-2 browser reloads of a front end page may have been sufficient?

I'll look into the CSS issue and test this.

With a new "Static, external CSS" feature in the next major version the existing 2 CSS settings will become obsolete
Old May 10, 2010, 05:52 PM
Ata-Sonic

48 posts · May 2010
Lexington, KY USA
Hello,

I am very excited to try the new version. I have a question about the 'styles'.

In /atahualpa/styles/ there are 3 .txt files
ata-classic.txt (the old Atahualpa look)
ata-default.txt (the new Atahualpa default look for new users)
ata-round.txt (another new style)

Paulae in post #2 mentioned that if I bring in one of the new styles (ata-default.txt or ata-round.txt) it will completely overwrite my original style (3.4.5) in the database.

My question is this: Are there any SCREEN SHOTS of the two new styles so that I can see what they look like, and whether or not I want to overwrite?

THANK YOU!!
Old May 10, 2010, 06:01 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I had no posts when I installed WP and Atahualpa 3.4.8/9, except for Hello, World. Hello World showed up fine. Here is the way the site looks now with 2 dummy posts and categories: http://fastwomen.com/

I would like the thumbnails to have a 1px border, but adding that to the thumbnail css didn't produce a border. This is what I have there now, all the default except the border stuff:

Code:
float: left;
border: 1px #cccccc;
padding: 0;
background: none;
margin: 0 10px 5px 0;
Old May 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
MyJourneytoMillions

46 posts · Sep 2009
I went from 3.5.1 to 3.9 and the site went down - the url is http://www.myjourneytomillions.com

I'll leave the broken one up for a little bit.

HELP!

I had to go back to 3.5.1 but The screen was near blank

Last edited by MyJourneytoMillions; May 10, 2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old May 10, 2010, 06:52 PM
Kadin

39 posts · May 2010
After loading I had to, as described above, was switch CSS to External and back again for the formatting to load properly. Problem now is I'm only seeing the first word in each of my posts. Anyone else getting this? I can see the entire post from the edit page of the admin section, but even after editing them only the first word shows up on the main page.

Edit: I can see the posts correctly after clicking the title, seems to only be affecting the front page. Tried toggling on / off all my plugins. No effect. New posts have the same problem.

Last edited by Kadin; May 10, 2010 at 07:24 PM. Reason: new info.
Old May 10, 2010, 07:08 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
I had no posts when I installed WP and Atahualpa 3.4.8/9, except for Hello, World. Hello World showed up fine. Here is the way the site looks now with 2 dummy posts and categories: http://fastwomen.com/

I would like the thumbnails to have a 1px border, but adding that to the thumbnail css didn't produce a border. This is what I have there now, all the default except the border stuff:

Code:
float: left;
border: 1px #cccccc;
padding: 0;
background: none;
margin: 0 10px 5px 0;
The border type is missing:

border: solid 1px #cccccc;

(or: 'dashed', 'dotted')
Old May 10, 2010, 11:05 PM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
this helps .... 3.4.9 is working Thx
Old May 11, 2010, 03:43 AM
hollidaysjohn

16 posts · May 2010
Cambridge, UK
Brilliant theme! Thanks! Just to say I have had no problems at all updating from 3.4.6 to 3.4.9.

Just few thoughts - I know some have come up before.

It would be great if custom images in /images, /images/header, and /images/favicon were not deleted on each update. Given how flexible the theme is intended to be, and how well the update goes for everything else, having to manually upload custom images each time is a bit of a chore! Could these go into a custom folder? Or the install stopped from overwriting?

IMHO, there is a rather unnecessary css style div#menu1 which places a dashed box around the menu box. Could this be editable in the "Page Menu Bar" options? I have worked out that "div#menu1 { }" in the "HTML/CSS Inserts" option will do the trick anyway!

And I don't suppose it would be possible to be able to edit and save to the database the content of footer_output in functions.php?
Old May 11, 2010, 05:24 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Flynn, this is what I get for working on this too late at night. Thank you!
Old May 11, 2010, 06:19 AM
Ferd

6 posts · Mar 2010
Winston-Salem, NC
Still having issues with 3.4.9.
Last night I tried a preview and I had all the styling and previous settings, but nothing in the center column (no posts/content.)
This morning I closed Safari, restarted my computer, and activated 3.4.9. What I had was no styling, none of my settings, the default headers, no posts/content, and my widgets were strewn all about the page.
Not complaining. Just sayin'.
LOVE the theme and am here to stay.
I appreciate all your hard work.
Old May 11, 2010, 06:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ferd, what is the url?
are you on a MAC? Willing to screen share so I can poke arround?
Old May 11, 2010, 07:58 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:

Like the new site, Paulae

Old May 11, 2010, 08:09 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Whoa! I guess I have not been paying attention!

I'm currently running WP 2.9.2, but only Atahualpa 3.4.4 !!

Will I be okay upgrading straight from 3.4.4 to 3.4.9 without "going through" the intervening versions?

Jim
Old May 11, 2010, 08:11 AM
AdrianusV

3 posts · Feb 2010
The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd
Last night I tried a preview and I had all the styling and previous settings, but nothing in the center column (no posts/content.) This morning I closed Safari, restarted my computer, and activated 3.4.9. What I had was no styling, none of my settings, the default headers, no posts/content..
Same situation here. No posts in the middle. And another font (looked like Times New Roman). I returned to 3.4.6., awaiting adjustments. For the rest: compliments for this wonderfull theme. My site: www.astroblogs.nl

Last edited by AdrianusV; May 11, 2010 at 08:13 AM.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
AdrianusV - If you are willing to let me poke about, send me a PM with an admin ID and PW I haven't been able to reproduce it, so I need to look on someone's site.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:34 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Where is the option to select/activate styles?

I would like to see/try the new style: ata-round

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:40 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
I have been trying to figure out, and ascertain as to which section in ATO is applicable, how to:

Increase the space Above Footer

and

Decrease the space Below Header Image Category Menu area.

I have gone through all of ATO, alas, without success.

Am I missing something (most likely, obvious!)?

Thanks.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:58 AM
kleinsasser.eu

16 posts · Jan 2010
Austria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean
Where is the option to select/activate styles?

I would like to see/try the new style: ata-round

Thanks.
You have to upload the ata-round.txt file with the upload-function in the atahualpa-options in admin-panel.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:05 AM
Thomas

87 posts · Dec 2009
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomas
I have a 3.4.6 install that is a fairly new site so has some general ATA formatting but no CSS inserts yet. I installed and activated the 3.4.9 theme a few minutes ago and got the blank page with the links at the top left. (The one thing I did try was completely clearing my cache and starting a new Firefox session.)

I've read all the posts and there are a number of things I can try it seems. I read that since I'm coming from 3.4.6 that I don't need to delete that bfa_ata4 field in wp-options.

With all the activity this morning I thought I would see if there is any new determination on steps to take for this..Juggledad\Flynn if you want to take a look just pm me..

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2010, 09:07 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks, Berean. For now, it's just a domain I registered a long time ago, intending one day to turn it into a site for women's sports, especially for women "of a certain age," like me. It's a good test-bed for new themes.
Old May 11, 2010, 09:08 AM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinsasser.eu
You have to upload the ata-round.txt file with the upload-function in the atahualpa-options in admin-panel.

Thank you ever so much, Kleinsasser

Solved my "space" query with/and absolutely love the new style!

Many thanks, Flynn

Last edited by KatyDigg; May 11, 2010 at 09:29 AM.