Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Can't Update Certain Pages

Old Sep 19, 2011, 11:46 AM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
I can't update certain pages or menus in 3.6.7 as I just get a blank screen after pressing the update button. I can update other pages/posts and everything on site is running fine except for this. I only noticed it when I wanted to make a smake change to my About page and one menu.

I already deactivated plugins and that wasn't the issue. Any ideas why this is only happening on certain pages?
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you applied all the patches?
  • PATCH 367-01: Odd effects when 'CSS: Compress' = 'Yes'
  • PATCH 367-02 is incorporated in PATCH 367-04
  • PATCH 367-03: PHP errors when adding widget areas in index.php
  • PATCH 367-04: Hovering over a Post/Page title only shows "Permanent Link to"
  • PATCH 367-05: Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title
Old Sep 19, 2011, 12:35 PM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
Yes, patches have been applied. This is really weird. I just fixed the page that wouldn't update by copying the content from the html tab line by line into a new page and then pressing update. Turns out one line of plain text was preventing the page from updating. I removed that line and the page updated fine.

Have no idea why this would occur...now have to figure out why Menu won't allow me to Save when i press Save Menu button.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 02:01 PM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
OK...the Menu wouldn't save because three more pages wouldn't update. Deleted one (cause I didn't need it anymore) and moved content on other two to new pages. Deleted remaining two then renamed those pages to original name.

Everything working fine now. Weird issue but glad it's fixed.