Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Update Modifications??

Old Aug 4, 2009, 03:50 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Flynn
I have just updated to 3.4.1 and have two changes that have not carried over.....

1.....When i updated to 3.3.3 my front page footer (not just credits) was removed with a css insert;

body#body-page-150 td#footer {
display: none;
}

This no longer does the trick????
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2....All page titles were removed by substituting this:

Quote:
PHP Code:
<?php bfa_post_kicker(); // Post Kicker: To edit the output, see functions/bfa_post_parts.php ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline(); // Post Headline: To edit the output, see functions/bfa_post_parts.php ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline(); // Post Byline: To edit the output, see functions/bfa_post_parts.php ?>
to

PHP Code:
<?php if ( !is_page() ) { ?>
<?php bfa_post_kicker(); // Post Kicker: To edit the output, see functions/bfa_post_parts.php ?>

<?php bfa_post_headline(); // Post Headline: To edit the output, see functions/bfa_post_parts.php ?>

<?php bfa_post_byline(); // Post Byline: To edit the output, see functions/bfa_post_parts.php ?>
<?php } ?>
This is no longer recognisable terrain..???Can you kindly direct me what to do about it.

One other point is that i first updated direct to 3.4.2 but the theme options would not load after i activated.
I deleted and opted for 3.4.1 which seems to have loaded up ok as far as i can tell.....maybe just a dodgy download????
Old Aug 8, 2009, 05:33 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Since WP 2.8 body classes are a core feature and I disabled Atahualpa's propetiary body classes which did not match the class names of the new core feature. The core body classes are a bit limited compared to Atahualpa's body classes but they are integrated

body#body-page-150 td#footer {
}

would be

body#page-id-150 td#footer {
}

now.

As for no options in 3.4.2, that shouldn't be, try a fresh copy of 3.4.2. Also give it its own directory, i.e. don't mix and match 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 in the same directory
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:43 AM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
I think i can interperet from what you tell me that i should be running w.p 2.8 in order for the new insert to take effect in 3.4.1 or 2.
I am still running 2.7 and am back quite comfortably fiddling about in 3.3.3. So i guess i will have to take the bit between the teeth and update the whole shooting match....scary, i have heard things can go wrong........
I guess i should read a bit about backing up and so on.

Thanks for the insert.........jim
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Jim do it one part at a time. Update wordpress and see it is working, then update Atahualpa.this way you can have a better chance of figuring out where a problem comes from. That is if you get any
Old Aug 9, 2009, 02:23 PM
jim

50 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for the suggestion Juggledad......i will follow that.....
I have the idea i should be backing up for the sake of security......Download my wordpress folder?
First off i will look into what wordpress have to say about it and then take it from there.
Thanks.........jim.