Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

re-establishing broken site

Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:12 PM
chipbrock

12 posts · Jun 2010
hi
I was shut down by bluehost because of essentially a DoS attack. My fault - I protected my working wordpress site, but totally forgot that I had an earlier, abandoned version that was the site of the attack. I was unhappy with the help from them - which was zero, so I've moved myself to a new host.

That means I need to rebuild my wordpress life which was within Atahualpa. I have access to the original complete files through ftp and have rebuilt the bare-bones of the theme. But I had a number of style, etc tweaks to the theme that I'd sure like to not lose but I have no idea where these settings are stored within the directory structure. This includes additional pages and installed plugins.

I'd really appreciate it if I could be pointed to the directories/files that I would need to ftp from bluehost's directory to my new one! I can't even remember what the old look was to restore it. I had no screen shots of it before it went away.

thanks,
Ray
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the theme settings are stored in the WordPress database not in any files, so you need to get a export of the database so you can import it at the new site.

when backing up a site, I always recomment backing up the database and copying the wp-contents folder

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 18, 2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 05:40 PM
chipbrock

12 posts · Jun 2010
hi
Thanks for the quick reply. I suspect I've got it, I just don't know where to locate it. What's the db name? I've got access to the whole directory from / on up. Of course I have the wp-contents and all of the other files in the public_html directory (where at least bluehost stores the wp-contents, wp-admin, and wp-includes directories). It's full of a number of php files. From there? the c-panel doesn't give me any clues if it's to come from somewhere else...

thanks,
ray
Old Aug 18, 2011, 06:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The database is probably not in your folders that you copied from your host. It is possibly on another server - If you still have access to the account, get into phpMyAdmin and do an export of the database. If you don't have access, you will have to contact them and see if they wil give you a backup.

In cpanel look for a database section and it should take you to somewhere that lets you run phpMyAdmin. But every cPanel can be set up differently...

You should install a database backup plugin (I like wp-dbmanager) in all sites and have an automatic backup scheduled at some appropriate interval.