Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Page Nav Bar/Links in Footer

Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:06 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Is there a way to insert code to display navigation links for all pages in the footer, or do I have to type each page link manually? Thanks much.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:07 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can put a new widget area in the footer and use the menu widget.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:34 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
OK. I added the following to ATO>Footer>Style & Edit FOOTER.Footer: Content

<?php*bfa_widget_area('name=Footer_Area&cells=1&wi dth=100%');*?>

Then I went to WP Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets to see if the new widget appeared so I could add the pages widget to it. Nothing. Refreshed a few times. Still nothing new showing up. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Suggestions?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That "looks" ok other than the space between the i and d and the * before the ? but I figured they be because of pasting code into this box but try this instead as you don't need the cells and width declaration in this case.
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>
Also what version of Atahualpa and WordPress are you running?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:03 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Cut and pasted your code (and yes, mine was screwed up due to my not placing it within tags when I posted it), into the Footer-Content box, but still no widget bar appearing under the widgets menu - even after refreshing several times.

Just to be clear, I should see the added widget section appear in the same colum as those for Left Sidebar, Right Sidebar, Left Inner Sidebar, and Right Inner Sidebar, right? Then just drag and drop widgets into it as usual?

I'm using Atahualpa version 3.6.7
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You have to go view your site - make sure you don't have a caching plugin active - to have the code execute and create the new widget area. Then it should show up with the other widget areas (sidebars)
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:38 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Got it. Done. Working. Thanks!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:48 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
It works, but now I have a vertical "list" of page titles. I just wanted a single string of page titles along a horizontal axis.

Now that I have a widget section in the footer, can't I just drag a text widget over and insert some code to pull all the page titles in a single row and separate with commas, or something like that?

I genuinely appreciate the assistance.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:29 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You will have to search out the proper menu plugin or build your own menu.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:52 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Thanks Imilesw. Happy to build my own Menu, but the items I place in the custom menu still display in a list format; like this:

Home
Blog
Contact

Other than searching for another plugin is there a way I can get them to display in a single horizontal row-like format, such as this:

Home Blog Contact

Thanks much!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Perhaps with some CSS using floats etc. You might want to look in w3schools.com/css for some ideas but this is also going to depend on the plugin you used.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 07:36 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Understood. Thanks again for taking the time to walk me through my options! You're the best!
Old Aug 12, 2011, 08:19 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
If you want a simple line of links, I'd suggest you create the line as you want it to look, on a normal page, then switch to html view, grab all the html code for that line and paste that html into your new text widget. Presto, links.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 05:59 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam
If you want a simple line of links, I'd suggest you create the line as you want it to look, on a normal page, then switch to html view, grab all the html code for that line and paste that html into your new text widget. Presto, links.
Thanks Jam. That's a great idea. It is what I was originally going to do; however, I realized there may be a future point where I add or remove a page and may forget to revise the footer, accordingly. I was hoping to cover that base with a code-based, turnkey solution to override my potential, human error... and at 52 there's an ever growing chance of it. Again, thanks.

And forum crew, feel free to marked this as resolved.