Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

McAfee Site Advisor Site Verification

Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
McAfee claims to be installed on 800 million computers world wide. I personally use it because of it's simple Green/Orange/Red warning system. On my basic html sites, I always sent the url to McAfee with a comment so they can put it in the queue for testing.

I cannot do this with Wordpress sites however, I get this warning.

Posting Web Site Owner Comments
Error Submitting Site for Verification

It appears that the Web site nameofwebsite.com (or www.nameofwebsite.com) is returning an HTTP 2xx or 3xx status response code in the header of 404 pages.

We cannot verify a Web site that is configured this way because it allows anyone to verify themselves as the owner of your site. Please update your Web site server configuration to return 404 status codes in the headers for pages that do not exist. Once your site is configured this way then you can return and request a file name verification.

wordpress 3.1
Atahualpa 3.6.4

But I must say, it has done that for all previous versions too. Does anybody have any idea what I should be doing or could be doing to remediate this? does it really allow anyone to verify themselves as an owner?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 05:05 AM
winbatchguru

10 posts · Oct 2010
why is mcafee site advisor saying that the bytesforall.com forum is not safe?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
How could anyone here say? Unless it tells you what was not safe how could anyoe tell?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:00 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I no longer used Site Advisor. Who knows why they are saying that? This is a very safe, well moderated site and you can be confident using it.