Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

different length for excerpts

Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:18 PM
ponzaracconta

17 posts · Jan 2011
hi,

it's possible to show excerpts of different length? As example, 50 words on home page and 10 words for category pages?

thanks
Old Feb 19, 2011, 04:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes it is. You'll need to go into the code and put in the logic to do it. You will need to know php and html and CSS and spend some time looking at the code to understand how it now works, then you should be able to do it.

Please let us know how you make out we love to see the results.