Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Need Excerpts for a Single Category on Front Page After Loop

Old Feb 16, 2011, 05:01 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
So now that I turned off the Thumbnails for Excerpts plugin because it was causing my excerpts on my category pages not to show - I now need some advice on how to solve a problem that Thumbnails for Excerpts was solving for me:

At the bottom of my front page (http://coloradoanimalwelfareleague.org) I have a News and Events section where I want to show excerpts for posts from the category "News and Events". I have this setup as a widget and am using the Recent Posts with Excerpts plugin. When I was using the Thumbnails for Excerpts plugin the thumbnails showed up for the excerpts shown here, now they don't show and the plugin doesn't have any built-in thumbnail support.

Is there a way to use the built in Atahualpa excerpt functionality that uses the Featured Image for the thumbnail in this widget (or some other brilliant way that I haven't discovered yet)? I'm happy to put php code in the widget but I'm not sure what it would be.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 11:16 AM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Really - no ideas here at all?