Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Excerpts have disappeared from Category Pages

Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:09 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
The excerpts on my category page used to work just fine, but now I have noticed they have disappeared. All I have now is the post title and the footer - no excerpt and thumbnail. If I set ATO->Configure EXCERPTS->Posts or excerpts on CATEGORY pages? to Full Posts, I get the full posts. But when set to Only Excerpts the excerpt itself doesn't show.

Any thoughts?

http://coloradoanimalwelfare.org/cat...table-animals/
Atahualpha 3.6.1
WP 3.0.5
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What changes or additions to the site did you make? Where is the menu item to get to the category page in question? When I click on Adoptable Animals it takes me to
http://coloradoanimalwelfare.org/adoptable-animals/
Your rlink goes to
http://coloradoanimalwelfare.org/cat...table-animals/
Old Feb 15, 2011, 01:38 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Oh good grief. I was afraid you were going to ask me something like that Larry. The problem is that I don't know when it broke and I have added, updated and deleted quite a few plugins trying to get other things working on the site.

If it is not easily debuggable by you super smart people, I can get by with full posts instead of excerpts on those pages.

The category page links are:
http://coloradoanimalwelfare.org/category/news-events/ and
http://coloradoanimalwelfare.org/category/news-events/

The adoptable animals link from the menu bar shows the animals from a NexGen Gallery...
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What happens if you use manual excerpts? Could you attach your settings to a reply?
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:54 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Ok. Manual excerpts don't seem to make a difference.

Settings (I didn't know I could export them!) are attached!

Thanks for looking at them Larry!
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-coloradoanimalwelfareorg-20110215.txt (26.0 KB, 9470 views)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think is has something to do with the code you have in Content Above the Loop and The Loop.

What is the purpose of that code? I may be getting in the way of the theme options.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:21 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
I'm not saying that code is pretty - or correct, but it is the code I had to add to get my front page to layout correctly. But that has been there since I originally stood up the site (aside from the new widget area I just added to "Content Below the Loop"). I may be remembering wrong, but I'm fairly sure the excerpts have worked since that code was added.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
disable all your plugins and see what happens. I just imported your settings and excerpts show up fine.

Have you added a new plugin???
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:45 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Ah crud, it was the Thumbnails for Excerpts plugin. Weird because it used to work. Now to figure out how to get the thumbnails to show with Atahualpa's built in functionality...

Thank you for your idea to look at the plugins!

Beth