Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

SexyBookmarks Icons at bottom of category and tag posts

Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:43 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
I'm using SexyBookmarks by Shareaholic to display social networking and RSS-comment icons at the bottom of my posts. This plugin does not have an option to have them display on category and tag link pages, so I asked if there was a way to code that outside the plugin, and was told to place the code below wherever I want them to appear.

<?php if(function_exists('selfserv_shareaholic')) { selfserv_shareaholic(); } ?>

I've tried inserting it in various places within the ATO without success. Tried to get Sharaholic folks to be more specific as to where it should go for this purpose, but alas... no replies.

I know you don't support plugins, but figured you might be able to suggest where I could try inserting this code. Thank-you.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well you could try putting that code in ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP with a little extra code.
change the line
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
to
HTML Code:
<?php if ((is_category() OR is_tag()) AND (function_exists('selfserv_shareaholic')) { selfserv_shareaholic(); } 
bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:31 AM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Thanks so much for taking your time on this request. Unfortunately, when I added the code to the Loop I got the error below on each category or tag page, sometimes presented multiple times (probably for each post on that page.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/vcopia/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(513) : eval()'d code on line 27

I know this is a plugin so I don't expect you to do more with it than you have. So, again, thanks again for your time.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 07:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
oops, there was a missing ')' try this
HTML Code:
<?php if ((is_category() OR is_tag()) AND (function_exists('selfserv_shareaholic'))) { selfserv_shareaholic(); } 
bfa_post_footer('<div class="post-footer">','</div>'); ?>
not there are three ')'s before the '{'
Old Feb 3, 2011, 01:36 PM
vCopia

72 posts · Jan 2011
Long Island, NY
Nope. No impact whatsoever.

SEXYB: Their orig code, alone, when added to the Loop, produces a duplicate row of icons at the bottom of each of my posts, except those on cat and tab pgs, where there are still none. So I know the code is good. (Dups due to my already selecting them in the plugin's admin section before trying out the above.)

ATO: Your orig. code is 'excellent, of course.

COMBINED: The combined version appears to work as if your code alone is in force.

So, I've thrown it back the Shareaholic (Sexy Bookmark Ds) with a brief description of what we've attempted via this chain, in hopes someone there responds.

Thanks again. Unless you get bored, or have a caffeine rush at 3am and want something to do, you don't have to reply again. I don't want to take your valuable time working on a plugin issue.

You're the best!
VC