Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
Click Here To DONATE! Support the theme development, get more attention and additional benefits based on your donation level. Your forum name will be highlighted.

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Category icons

Build custom WP THEMES, without
coding.
Click here for THEMEFRAME

From the author of Atahualpa, the #1 most
downloaded (700,000+) theme @ wordpress.org
Old Oct 16, 2009, 05:33 PM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi,

I found a plugin called Category icon to assign an icon to a category. In each post title, the icon is display together with the title. It's here: http://www.category-icons.com/

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work with Atahualpa. In header.php, we should replace:

wp_list_categories('show_count=1&title_li=');

by

if (function_exists('put_cat_icons')) put_cat_icons( wp_list_categories('show_count=1&title_li='.'&echo =0')); else wp_list_categories('show_count=1&title_li=');

But it doesn't work. Someone has a clue?

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 08:35 AM
juggledad

22,165 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.8.5 WP 3.8.x Atahualpa 3.7.x Safari 6.x Firefox 25 XP
Well if you could live with it showing up in the byline, you could just put
HTML Code:
<?php if (function_exists('get_cat_icon')) get_cat_icon(); ?>
in each of the byline options at ATO->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:18 AM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Juggledad. Thank you very much for your answer.

It indeed works and displays the icon below the title of the post.

If you have a solution to display the icon next to the title (before would be better), then I'm your man

Thanks again,

Sebastien
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:26 AM
juggledad

22,165 posts · Mar 2009
there is a way to do it, but you will have to edit some of the code and that means re-doing the change every time you update the theme.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:29 AM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
Yes it wouldn't be a problem to do the change each time that i update the theme. If you have the solution ready and it doesn't take too much of your time, then i take it.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:07 AM
juggledad

22,165 posts · Mar 2009
No I don't have a solution ready. you would probably need to edit bfa_post_parts.php and fit thier code in there.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:45 AM
seboush

13 posts · Jul 2009
I have included the code in bfa_post_parts.php as you said, in the part

function bfa_post_headline($before = '<div class="post-headline">', $after = '</div>') {

before

<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php

It works great.

Thanks very much for your help!