Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Comment Box Design - Margin/Padding

Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:31 PM
Carolyn88

5 posts · Jan 2011
I currently have WP 3.04 and Atahualpa 3.6 (about to update) but have had the same problem with previous Atahualpa theme.

I am trying to format my comment box and comments at a padding-right: 50px.

I have the border between single comments at default and my comment form style includes margin: 25px 50px 0 0;

My problem is that the color shading, text, and border are not with the padding. Please see the attached image.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Could you supply a link to your site please?
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:36 AM
Carolyn88

5 posts · Jan 2011
http://www.recipesandrunning.com

I appreciate your help.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 08:14 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You have to have 50px right padding in ATO>Style & edit Center Column and then tweak the comment form style. For example... After adding the 50px right padding on the Center Column you will want to have no right margin for the Comment Form Style
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:04 PM
Carolyn88

5 posts · Jan 2011
Center column style now is set at - padding: 10px 50px 15px 0;

Also, Style the Navigation MIDDLE Box and Style the Navigation BOTTOM Box
have margin: 10px 50px 20px 0;

I removed my changes to Comment Form Style to default of margin: 25px 0;

I am still running across the same problem though. It seems like the center column style padding is not applying to the comment area.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It looks like you have vestiges of the original default style in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts. Try taking our or commenting out the following.
HTML Code:
/* removing the padding here and putting them on the sidebars instead. That way the middle column aligns nicely with the header when there are no sidebars */
td#middle {
padding: 0;
}
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:17 PM
Carolyn88

5 posts · Jan 2011
Perfect! Thank you so much for all your help.