Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to make a couple of adjustments

Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:04 AM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
The first thing I can't find, is where to set the color or size of the top horizontal rule, which is white now (see attached image). The horizontal rule in question is on my main page, not on a post.

The second is the little bullets (see attached image), where can I make adjustments to those, or maybe not have them all? I found where the little rectangle boxes next to the links can be added, but it leaves the bullets and both together doesn't look very good.

One more thing, I didn't mark it in the image attached but you can see it, the dark gray bar above the white horizontal rule, where is the adjustment for that? It is both on the top and bottom of the image in the header.

Thank you for your help!

This is the best WP theme there is! Thank you for making it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wpscrnsht.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	964  

Last edited by Panda; Dec 16, 2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:06 AM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
I thought I just had a simple question. Your reply did not help me. I have looked in the options several times for those settings. However, if I don't know what those items are called I do not know what I am looking for in the options panel or what to search for in the forums in order to help myself.

If someone would be so kind as to help me out here I would appreciate it.

I am not CSS illiterate or HTML illiterate. I simply cannot find those settings in the options panel.

Thank you for your time.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:03 PM
Steve41

10 posts · Dec 2010
To adjust the line i.e. bottom border of top navigation box go to "ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation" and find the edit box for "Style the Navigation TOP Box"

Mine has this CSS code
HTML Code:
padding: 10px 0;
background: #fff;
border-bottom: solid 5px #fafafa;
margin-bottom: 5px;
font-size: 11px;
Change the values for
HTML Code:
border-bottom: solid 5px #fafafa;
to increase/decrease bottom border and/or color.

As I don't have quite trhe same setup as you re: bullet images, try this by changing to suit and adding to "Add HTML/CSS Inserts"

HTML Code:
div.widget ul li {
padding: 1px 5px 1px 14px !important;
background: url('http://mydomain.com/themename/images/bullets/gray-arrow.gif') no-repeat 0 4px;
}

Last edited by Steve41; Dec 16, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
panda, in order to help someone, I want to make sure they have done their homework. Telling us what version of Atahualpa and Wp you are using is important. We get many people using other themes that want help and that's not what this forum is for. By providing a link to your website, I can SEE and sometimes experiment with something to fix the issue. Not giving details means that I have to spend my time asking for them - if your on version 3.4.9, i might know the issued is fixed in 3.5.3.

I wrote that post and pointed you to it because I got tired of asking the same thing over and over

What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is your url?

You have provided neither and that is my starting point if I'm going to give you any help.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:35 PM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
I have discovered that the dark gray line above and below the header image is the Page Menu and the Category Menu, as you can see in the attached image in my first post. I am not using the Page Menu or the Category Menu on my site, so how to I get rid of the dark gray line above and below the header image?

I am using version 3.5.3.
WP version is 3.0.3

My site is not ready for the public to see yet. So I prefer to not give the link to my site.

Last edited by Panda; Dec 16, 2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
remove %pages and %cats from the header configuration
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:37 PM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
This is all I have in my Header Configuration.

%logo %image
Old Dec 16, 2010, 02:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
do an export of your settings (ATO->Export/Import Settings) and attach it to a reply (use the paper clip icon)
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:18 PM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
The file is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-www-20101216.txt (18.5 KB, 1481 views)
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
CSS Inserts, remove the lines
HTML Code:
div#imagecontainer { 
border-top: solid 5px #333; 
border-bottom: solid 5px #333; 
}
You may want to remove everything there and see what it looks like. That is styling that was added as a demo.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 03:36 PM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
Thank you, I will try that as soon as I get to my computer.

What about the white horizontal rule just below the dark gray bar, and the bullets next to the links in the widgets? Where are those settings?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:00 PM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
CSS Inserts, remove the lines
HTML Code:
div#imagecontainer { 
border-top: solid 5px #333; 
border-bottom: solid 5px #333; 
}
You may want to remove everything there and see what it looks like. That is styling that was added as a demo.
Thank you that fixed what I was looking for. How about the other two settings? The bullets and the white line?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:02 PM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
Ok, I got rid of the bullets. I commented them out. But, I still can't find where the white line is at.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 04:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ato->Style POSTS & PAGES
Old Dec 17, 2010, 07:11 AM
Panda

12 posts · Dec 2010
Which section under ato->Style POSTS & PAGES? I have looked several times. I don't know what that horizontal line would be called. I would assume that's where to make changes to that line is. But, I also thought that making changes to the dark gray lines above and below the header image would be in the Style Header area too, and I was wrong it was in the CSS coding.

If you could please give me specifics I would appreciate it.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:06 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
One thing you should do is to get Firebug. It's an extension for the browser which lets you right-click on any element in a webpage and see what's it's called and what CSS is applied to it, so you can then go into the CSS inserts of Atahualpa and over-ride the current CSS.

The Chrome browser on the Mac has this ability built-in. Right-click and choose Inspect element.

And another note: Juggledad is trying to get you to learn how to answer these questions yourself, by learning more about how the theme and CSS work together.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 08:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ato->Style POSTS & PAGES->POST Container it's the
HTML Code:
border-top: solid 4px #eee;
and ATO->Next/Previous Navigation->Style the Navigation TOP Box
HTML Code:
border-top: solid 4px #eee;