Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Increase size of centre area

Old Dec 14, 2010, 10:48 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
Hello, I find that the left edge of the central area of my blog is too close to the text (see attached picture). I would like to increase the left margin further so that there is more white space on the left. How do I go about doing that? I've been poking around the Atahualpa Theme Options menu but can't see how to do it.

The blog is here if you would like to take a look. There's really nothing there yet, I've been working on it off and on for a few weeks now.

ETA: Forgot to mention, I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.3
Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In ATO>Style & edit Center Column add the following to the Center Column Style Box
HTML Code:
background: #fff;
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:58 AM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
That did it, but now the centre column is a solid block of white, it doesn't have the gaps which I prefer. I especially don't like it for viewing individual posts. How do I just increase the left margin without eliminating the gaps?

Last edited by knife; Dec 15, 2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
In that case take out the code I just mentioned and play around with padding in ATO>Style Posts & Pages>Post Container
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:21 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks, I've tried changing each of the numbers in Post Container but they only change the space on the top and bottom of posts, not the sides. Any other suggestions?
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Export your settings and attahc them to a reply
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:40 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Add this to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
td#middle {
    padding: 0 !important;
}
div.post, div.page {
    padding: 20px !important;
}
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:01 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
lmilesw, that did it! Muchas thank you! And juggledad, thanks for offering to help but obviously the problem is now solved.