Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] Help - Blog post pulling incorrect excerpt text and image on Facebook

Old Nov 18, 2010, 06:47 AM
iamstermad

3 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,
I appreciate the guidance here. I have just launched WP and Atahualpa and so far so good.

One question/problem however -

Question - how do I need to do a blog post so that Facebook pulls the "featured image" and the excerpt text (or intro text) or text that I'd like - in Facebook?

Example - when I take the Permalink URL from a recent blog post and then put it into Facebook Status - Facebook pulls some random blue button image - and text that came from the middle of my Post.

When people try and "share" my blog via copying in the URL of the blog - they get this randomness - instead of the "Featured Image" and Text I'd like.

Also Im using the "Add to Facebook" Plug in - and clicking on that link - gets the same result. Im happy to switch plug ins.

Is this something Im doing wrong with Atahualpa, or Wordpress?

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2010, 08:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't recall which plugin it was but I found one the other day for setting which image shows on Facebook. I would do a search on wordpress.org.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 11:01 PM
iamstermad

3 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks Larry, appreciate it.

I just spent an hour going through all plug ins with Facebook in as key word. Im not finding any that reference what you mention. Do you know the name? Im seeing things which enable me to share to Facebook, but no mention of anything which helps me pick what content will go to Facebook, from my post.

Thanks for the advice.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just looked it up and it was a strange name which is why you didn't find it. It is called FetenWeb image_src Metatag.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:25 AM
iamstermad

3 posts · Nov 2010
Hi Larry,
Thanks so much. This plug in - is exactly what I needed. It pulls pics from my latest blog post into Facebook status - which surprised me that didnt happen automatically iwith Atahualpa.

Very helpful and greatly appreciated.

T