I have been troubleshooting this for about a week, at least, and tried many possible solutions and I still just can't figure out what it is. It's very important that the images show up in sequence but for some reason the first four, most often the first two, are out of order. And sometimes it's perfect, so it's very inconsistent. These are the things I've tried so far:
• uninstalling and reinstalling.
• ordering by ID#, so I thought at first, but now I'm not sure because I noticed later that when I sort the images it in the Sort Gallery by Alt/Title Text or any other of those options it doesn't stick after I update Sort Order.
• naming image files numerically (i.e. 01image, 02image, etc.) and alphabetically.
• sorting manually in the Sort Gallery.
• Tried the following trick that I found in the Wordpress forum:
b.)Go to line 85, under where it says case 'gallery' :
c.)Change the second parameter on the nggdb::get_gallery function from 'pid' to 'sortorder'
• unchecking Shuffle Mode in the Slideshow options.
• switching themes to see if it has anything to do with the theme.
I think that covers it. Switching themes didn't make a difference and I don't see anything about this particular issue in the forum here but I'm wondering if you can think of anything that might tie it to the theme. Here is the url: http://bobsweldart.com/bio/process/ Thanks for reading my long post! I even joined the Wordpress group on LinkedIn to ask for help and got a lot of feedback to no avail.