Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Positioning RSS buttons in header

Old Oct 25, 2010, 06:05 AM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Alrewas, Staffordshire, UK
On my website http://waterwaywatch.org the top line of the header contains a left-aligned classic Page menu and the next line a right-aligned row of RSS buttons.

As is shown by the attached image Click image for larger version

Name:	header.JPG
Views:	686
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	846, this wastes space on both lines and begs the question as whether there is a way to align the RRS buttons along the same row as the Page Menu?

Any suggestions?

The site is running Wordpress 3.01 with Ata 3.53 on a Linux webhost.

Thanks

Will
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:34 AM
qbuster

84 posts · Mar 2010
Alrewas, Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB
Sure, you move the rss box up a few pixels with CSS (Add HTML/CSS Inserts)
something like:

div.rss-box{
margin: -37px 0px;
padding: 10px 0 0px 10px;
}

if you also want to narrow the gap between menu/rss bar and the image, add this too:

div#imagecontainer{
margin: 1px 0px;
}
Thanks very much for that - it looks much better. Advice worthy of a Diamond member!