Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Changelog 3.3.2 -> 3.3.3

Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:22 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Atahualpa 3.3.3 is available here http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=71

Changelog 3.3.2 -> 3.3.3

• DONE: %date-modified(...)% post info item doesn't work.
  • DONE: Archives -> Archives by Date: Limit does not work.
  • DONE: Add jQuery directly again, instead of using wp_enqueue_script, so it can be processed before Mootools. Otherwise the plugin "Featured content gallery" doesn't work.
  • DONE: WPG2 (and most likely other "big" plugins, i.e. "Now reading" etc., all those that don't use any of the existing page templates but create their own page) doesn't work anymore. Add the whole "get_option" loop to header.php and footer.php again for these plugins. A slightly bigger change again unfortunately but not too big. Pages using these big plugins will be around 0.1 seconds slower again, as the older Atahualpa used to be. All other pages will keep getting the theme options from index.php and have the slightly improved speed that came with version3.3.
  • DONE: Check WP-Email, same problem as WPG2. (Additionally, global $wp_query; was needed in bfa_get_options.php)
  • DONE : Post Info Item %author-email% is not just broken, it even removes the right sidebar. I was using a function from the Wordpress Codex, but this seems to be deprecated now.
  • DONE: Using quotes (which are required for font names with spaces such as "comic sans ms") doesn't work in Page Menu Bar -> Font Size & Face & Category Menu Bar -> Font for Category Menu Bar http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?p=4712
  • DONE: Make hard coded "Comments are closed" an option or delete, in comments.php
  • DONE: Missing <div id="respond"> opening tag in legacy.comments.php, used for WP2.6.5 and older
  • DONE: Use callback function as suggested by Wordpress for WP 2.7+ comments instead of replicating core comment_walker class. More future-proof. New file bfa_custom_comments.php instead of bfa_comment_walker.php which is gone now
  • DONE: Turn next/previous post/page/comments links into functions and move them from index.php/comments.php into their own file bfa_next_previous_links.php. Much cleaner and smaller index.php, helpful for creating own templates
  • DONE: Turn post kicker, headline, byline, bodycopy, pagination and footer code, and archive pages code into functions and move them to their own file bfa_post_parts.php. Much cleaner and smaller index.php
  • Don't display empty selector { } in header.php's dynamic CSS to save some file size.
  • DONE: Include post info item %author-linked% again for legacy reasons. I had unintentionally changed this to %author-posts-link%. There's also %author-link%
  • DONE: Check post info item %meta('fieldname')%, doesn't seem to work
  • Avoid PHP warning when /images/header/ directory is empty (no header images available)
  • DONE: Display sidebar on Homepage/Frontpage does not work if Frontpage is static page and sidebar is turned off for "Page" pages
  • DONE: Change header image rotation to Javascript so it works with Wp Super Cache etc. too. Perhaps fallback to old method for non-JS visitors.
  • DONE: Add "Skip to comments" link option to post info items for single post pages comments links and remove the comments link from the default settings there. It's not working there because I am using the stanadard WP functions now for better plugin compatibility and WP doesn't display the comment link on single post pages because the comments are on the same page anyway
  • DONE: Re-phrase the whole HTML/CSS Inserts section in the theme options to make it clearer what kind of code can be put into the various sections
  • DONE, will be improved in next version: Integrate Tabbed Widgets plugin. For now, you'll still need to install the plugin, and it will not match every custom style of the rest of your site. This has still some issues, use it only if you know your way around Atahualpa, CSS, etc at least a bit.
  • DONE: Increase the max drop down levels of the menu bars again. I had set this back from formerly 10 possible levels to 5 to save 2-3 kByte of inline CSS code per pageview, now that the dynamic CSS is in header.php, but on second thought the weight savings don't seem to outweigh the ability to have up to 10 page/category levels as drop down.
  • DONE: Add default content to sidebars, i.e. the Meta widget so novice users have a login link at the beginning
  • DONE: Make the post/page title H1 and the blog title H2, on single post pages and "page" pages
  • DONE: Integrate PHP code widget
  • DONE: Display actual path, i.e. /wp/wp-content/atahualpa/images/backgr.gif instead of generic example /wp-content/atahualpa3/images/backgr.gif in help/example text in the theme options
  • DONE: Avoid get_search_query in bfa_header_config.php if WP 2.2
  • DONE: Support for individual order in category menu bar via plugin "My Category Order" http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/my-category-order/ - New option "order" at Theme Options -> Category Menu Bar -> Sort Category Menu Bar by:
  • Looks o.k., needs final testing: Check author comment styling for 3rd and lower level comments, see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?p=5702
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:30 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
A little thing: offer the option to say Leave a Comment instead of Leave a Reply. Comment is the standard usage in blogs, and Reply seems like it refers to a follow-up to another comment.

I found where to change it in comments.php, but it would be nicer to have it as an option.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 02:48 PM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
A little thing: offer the option to say Leave a Comment instead of Leave a Reply. Comment is the standard usage in blogs, and Reply seems like it refers to a follow-up to another comment.

I found where to change it in comments.php, but it would be nicer to have it as an option.
Strange, I have 3.3.2 and it says "Leave a Comment" by default. And you can always change that in Atahualpa Theme Options --> Post/Page Info Items --> FOOTER (you can have different footers on the Homepage, Multi Post Pages, Single Post Pages and "Page" Pages.
Old May 7, 2009, 01:37 AM
lsilva

9 posts · Mar 2009
I noticed a new link in the header called Premium WordPress Theme. It goes to http://themeframe.com/ which is just an empty site using this theme. Why is this in my footer? Can I turn it off?
Old May 7, 2009, 01:46 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This is my site where I'll release another Atahualpa based theme. Having 1-2 credit links in the footer of a theme is nothing to be surprised about
Old May 7, 2009, 07:33 AM
Utrecht

2 posts · May 2009
Thanks for releasing Atahualpa 3.3.3! I've updated Atahualpa, but I am still struggling with the correct place to put the ABSPATH-line for the Featured Content Gallery and get it to work. It should be possible, bases upon your TO-DO list. Can you help me out with a few lines of code? Thanks!
Old May 7, 2009, 08:18 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In index.php after

PHP Code:
get_header(); ?> 
Old May 7, 2009, 08:29 AM
Utrecht

2 posts · May 2009
Thanks for the quick response, but when I put the FCG-ABSPATH-line on this position, I seem to loose my first 4 posts.... any suggestiosns how to fix that? Thanks!
Old May 7, 2009, 12:10 PM
lsilva

9 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
This is my site where I'll release another Atahualpa based theme. Having 1-2 credit links in the footer of a theme is nothing to be surprised about
OK. I was just wondering what the site was. It doesn't look done yet. Perhaps it would be nice to give the option to those who donate to turn off the credit links in the footer.

Thanks for a great theme! It takes WordPress to another level.
Old May 7, 2009, 09:11 PM
duping812

12 posts · Feb 2009
bug report: the excerpt for the frontpage does not work now. there is no prob in 3.3.2.
Old May 8, 2009, 08:22 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by duping812
bug report: the excerpt for the frontpage does not work now. there is no prob in 3.3.2.
Thank you for finding, will be fixed in 3.3.4

To fix it in 3.3.3, replace in index.php ( 2 x ) and in functions/bfa_post_parts.php ( 1 x)
PHP Code:
$postcount 
with
PHP Code:
$bfa_ata['postcount'
Old May 8, 2009, 09:58 AM
duping812

12 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for the quick reply. The bug is fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
Thank you for finding, will be fixed in 3.3.4
Old May 8, 2009, 10:36 AM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
i m sorta asking a rookie question..but which integrated tabbed widget are we using in 3.3.3? do we need to activate in widget section? if so, what name should i look for?
Old May 8, 2009, 11:31 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
With integrated I meant that the styling somewhat matches that of the default Atahualpa style and even follows along - a little bit - while you change Atahualpa settings. This is not finished yet though

You'd have to install the plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tabbed-widgets/
Old May 12, 2009, 09:51 AM
shocka

11 posts · May 2009
Great theme.. I was moving to 3.3.3 mainly because I wanted to customize my Tag Cloud a bit with PHP code. I see in the change log that a PHP Code Widget is added, but was unable to find it in my widgets.

It would be nice to be able to customize the tag cloud as per the wordpress options such as Min Size, Max Size, etc..

Also a nice to have would be a sample template page. I am looking to make few custom PHP pages, it would be great if there were an easy template I could edit. I have been playing with your index.php page to figure out what i want exactly

Last edited by shocka; May 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old May 13, 2009, 09:03 AM
Ramoonus

4 posts · Feb 2009
I`ll be updating straight away
Old May 19, 2009, 11:42 AM
shocka

11 posts · May 2009
I just noticed that the Post Body is not wrapped in <div class="post-bodycopy "> like in version 3.3.2 and thus my post body styling does not take effect.

I was able to edit the bfa_posts_parts.php >> bfa_post_bodycopy function to look like below... incase anyone else needs to change. If there is a better way please advice.

PHP Code:
    is_page() OR (is_home() AND !is_paged() AND $postcount <= $bfa_ata['full_posts_homepage']) ) { 
//Added Line Below
echo '<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">';

$bfa_ata_more_tag_final str_replace("%post-title%"the_title(''''false), $bfa_ata['more_tag']);

the_content($bfa_ata_more_tag_final); 
//Added Line Below
echo '</div>';
    } else { 
//Added Line Below
echo '<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">';

the_excerpt(); 
//Added Line Below
echo '</div>';
    } 

Last edited by shocka; May 19, 2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old May 19, 2009, 09:15 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This got lost by accident in 3.3.3, I am adding it in 3.3.4 again. You can edit bfa_post_parts.php as you did, or index.php
Old May 21, 2009, 08:56 AM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
ok great i will try it out thank you..
Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:27 PM
Yarrokon

8 posts · Jun 2009
Surprise, AZ
"DONE: Change header image rotation to Javascript so it works with Wp Super Cache etc. too. Perhaps fallback to old method for non-JS visitors."

Since this change, the header image does not rotate as often with every page refresh or page click.

You can click the home link and pretty much the same image keeps popping up. I've had to regress to 3.3.2 to fix the issue.

Regards,
Yarrokon
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:10 AM
Yarrokon

8 posts · Jun 2009
Surprise, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-TARD
i'm on Atahualpa" version 3.3.2
its working ok for me
my pages do load up slow but i dont know if that has to do with the theme

anyways i'm making this reply to ask will 3.3.3 work better with IE8?
i'm hvaing some things happening with IE8.
the right side bar loads last
dont know y
& the left & right side bars dont use the Color BORDER I have set

now the color thing is fixed when i use compatibility view in IE8

also if anyone has any tips on making this work better with IE8 i'd be happy to hear them
E-TARD,

With IE8, do you get the "Compatibility View" to the right of your address bar when viewing your site? I ask because it will show up when it has detected a display issue between IE8 and older versions of IE. I am not seeing this icon when I view my site.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 08:27 AM
stribe

19 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn:

I'm curious about the fact that when I do a search for the Atahualpa theme on WP 2.8, it's still only listing the "3.2" version as the one you can do an auto-upgrade to. Do you have any plans to put up the latest version of Atahulapa at whereever Wordpress hosts them? (I'm currently at 3.3.2, and was checking to see if 3.3.3 had been put on the WP theme site).

My thinking was if you did, it would be a lot easier to upgrade to it from older Atahulapa versions then doing the manual download thing.

Last edited by stribe; Jun 11, 2009 at 08:30 AM. Reason: adding text.