Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Getting single posts to inherit header for their category

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 28, 2014, 05:36 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
[SOLVED] Getting single posts to inherit header for their category

I have created two virtual blogs from a single install, using two basic categories and a menu link to each category. Now I'd like to have a different header image (banner) for each virtual blog -- i.e., I'd like posts to show a different header image depending on whether they belonging to one basic category or the other.

I can get the effect I want for the category pages using the following CSS:

body.category-1 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(/wp-content/ata-images/banner-1.jpg) !important;}

body.category-2 div#imagecontainer {
background-image: url(/wp-content/ata-images/banner-2.jpg) !important;}

However, this doesn't work for single post pages, which revert to the default site banner. Is there a simple way I can get single post pages to inherit the header image assigned to the category to which they belong?

I'd be very grateful for any help! Thanks!

Best, Kit