Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa options: layout fixed width doesn't work

Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:22 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
Send a message via AIM to nikflorida Send a message via Yahoo to nikflorida
[SOLVED] Atahualpa options: layout fixed width doesn't work

WP 3.9.2
ATA 3.7.15
http://rhoverstocks.com

Fixed width layout doesn't work. In Atahualpa theme options > layout, If I specify a percentage (e.g. 78% then min/max widths of 1000px), it works fine. If I specify a static width (E.G. 1000px), it ignores it.

Please advise.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 12:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ignores what?
What is the URL?
Old Aug 9, 2014, 01:14 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
If I enter a fixed width on the theme options layout screen, it ignores it and displays a full screen (with the header image repeating, apparently)... the URL, as listed above, is http://rhoverstocks.com. It is currently set using the percentage width 78% and min width of 1000 and max width of 1000.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 03:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
When you set the width, you are setting the width of the page, not the width of the window. i.e., if you enter 1000px into ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT->Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED) then the size of the container will be 100px no matter how wide or small you mate your browser window.

If you were to set it to 80% then the page would remain 80% of the browser window (unless you set a min or max width) as you resize it.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 05:34 PM
nikflorida

16 posts · Feb 2010
Charlotte, NC
Not to be rude, but I know how it works. I've been using the Atahualpa theme for various websites for years. Like I said, the fixed width setting does not work in 3.7.15. The "minimum" and "maximum" width settings (in deference to the percentage layout size) do seem to work, so the workaround I've found is to set both the minimum and the maximum to the same size, then to set the layout to an appropriate similar size...

That doesn't answer my question, though.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 05:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Not knowing what your level of knowledge is, I have to start somewhere. I also went in and setup a fixed width and it worked as expected.

set your site up so it doesn't work and do an export and attach the file to a reply.

p.s. if I look at your site with firebug and shut off the min and max widths and set the width to 1000px it acts as it should.

you are adding the 'px' to the end when you set it to a fixed width...right?

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 9, 2014 at 06:03 PM.