Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] How do I edit border around container?

Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:31 AM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
My layout has a black 4px border around the entire layout. When I change the text color this border changes color with it, but I am unable to change the border width or color independently.

I have tried every conceivable option on the Style & configure LAYOUT menu. Right now those settings are:
padding: 20px; /*This effectively only affects top/bottom padding */
background: #ffffff;
border: 0px;

box-shadow: 0 0 15px #dddddd;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 15px #999;
/* uncomment next block for round corners */

-moz-border-radius:0px;
-khtml-border-radius: 0px;
-webkit-border-radius:0px;
border: solid; 0 px; #cccccc;
border-radius: 0px;
I tried increasing the border setting to 100, but nothing changed. Altering the padding and/or color setting works, but the border and box shadow color don't. I don't want round corners, so I haven't messed with that.

The border color is controlled in the top Body Style setting field. Resetting color changes both text and border.

I want to set that border to 1 px; #dddddd rather than 4px; #000000.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 08:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you want a square border try the following. I am assuming you want a square border as you set the border radius to 0. Also I am not sure what you wanted to do with the box shadow. If all you want is a border and no shadow or rounding then you could just use the first three lines.

HTML Code:
border: 1px solid #ddd;

box-shadow: 0 0 15px #333;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 15px #333;

/*
-moz-border-radius:0px;
-khtml-border-radius: 0px;
-webkit-border-radius:0px;
border: solid; 0 px; #cccccc;
border-radius: 0px;
*/
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:29 PM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
Alas, nothing changed. Not even when I set it to 80px solid #ddd; or solid 80px #ddd;. I double-checked for the semi-colon. I even tried moving that line to the top, as in the example. This setting seems to be stuck!

I do want the shadow to remain intact as it is. I like that.

Any other suggestions? WordPress is not functioning right -- I get error codes for new pages -- and I'm about to install a new domain. So it makes sense to rip out WordPress and start fresh with Atahualpa, which will update the installation to the very latest. If I reinstall my export file, will it retain glitches like this one? Would I be better off to record the relatively few changes I've made and start fresh with Atahualpa too?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would copy the setting if for nothing else than a backup. Can you post a link to your site or attache a settings file to a reply?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:43 PM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
A link to the site as it is right now and probably for the next couple of days: http://sharonlippincott.com/blog
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Have you done any editing to the theme files? What plugins do you have installed? I am seeing strange code for the border.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:24 PM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
I have not done any editing to anything other than the basic menus: Body, Text & Links, Style & configure LAYOUT, Header Image, MENU 1, MENU 2, Style & edit CENTER COLUMN, Style & configure SIDEBARS ... I think that covers it. Theme files? I don't even know where to find those. I've updated a couple of times. I began working on this about a year ago, and have never taken it to final publication status.

Plugins: Askimet, RAX, Subscribe2. That's it.

I'm not new to HTML, CSS or the Blogger system, but I'm still blundering around in WordPress. It's hard to know when I'm missing a clue and when something really doesn't work as it should!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Could you attach your setting file to a reply?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:08 PM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Could you attach your setting file to a reply?
Assuming you mean the export file, it is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-sharonlippincottcom-20110301.txt (18.9 KB, 1749 views)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I don't know how I missed it when I saw the original code but there is an extra border line. Also you have to radius to the rounded corners. Here is the code I would try.
HTML Code:
border: 1px solid #ddd;

box-shadow: 0 0 15px #00dddd;
-moz-box-shadow: 0 0 15px #999;
-moz-border-radius:3px;
-khtml-border-radius: 3px;
-webkit-border-radius:3px;
border-radius: 3px;
Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:26 PM
Ritergal

15 posts · May 2010
Awesome! Now I have the subtle edge look I wanted. I think I can probably slog the rest of the way through to perfection and have the site up fully up to speed quite soon.

Thank you so much. I never could have caught that fluke. How do we mark this SOLVED?