Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Remove "Page" title from Page Widget

Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:17 PM
georgenoise

20 posts · Jul 2009
Figured I would post this for those who need it as I spent the past 30 minutes or so digging around. If you want to remove the title, since leaving it blank just results in the word "Page", on the Page Widget put the following in your html/css inserts:

Code:
div.widget-title h3,
td#left h3.tw-widgettitle,
td#right h3.tw-widgettitle,
td#left ul.tw-nav-list,
td#right ul.tw-nav-list {
	display:none;
        padding:0;
        margin:0;
        }
The disadvantage to this is that it removes the title for any widget you put on the left side. I'm sure with some more time I could figure out how to make it only for the page widget but it suits my needs for now. If anyone would like to expand on this please do as I am sure I will need it in the future. Enjoy.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 04:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
So why not just put a blank character in the title instead? Then the title is ' ' instead of null and the ' ' is displayed, but you can't see it so there is nothing in the title.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 01:48 PM
georgenoise

20 posts · Jul 2009
Your such a smarty pants. I never even thought to try that, but as usual it works.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:01 PM
tommyguns

1 posts · Oct 2009
This sucks, the point is, which smarty pants is missing, is that leaving the title with nothing in it still outputs a header tag in your source. Display none does the same. So both are shortcuts resulting in the same thing, ugly code which may or may not be punished by the SE's.

The solution is to not output anything for the title. I just dont know how to achieve it.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:55 PM
Boston-Coder

1 posts · Mar 2011
Hi,

Check out default_widgets.php. It is located in the wp-includes folder. If not there try widgets.php.
To remove the title find: (should be near the top, unless your theme modified the file)

$title = apply_filters('widget_title', empty( $instance['title'] ) ? __( 'Pages' ) : $instance['title'], $instance, $this->id_base);

The best way to remove it is just to add /* before it and */
Just copy and paste this, to make it real easy.

/* $title = apply_filters('widget_title', empty( $instance['title'] ) ? __( 'Pages' ) : $instance['title'], $instance, $this->id_base); */

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 21, 2011 at 04:44 AM.