Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

RSS feeds not displaying in sidebars

Old Jun 19, 2009, 04:54 AM
courgettelawn

2 posts · Jun 2009
RSS feeds not displaying in sidebars

Hi,

I have just upgraded to Wordpress 2.8 and so the precise instructions to activate the sidebars using Atahualpa 3.3.2 do not seem to work.

I can drag and drop the RSS widget and set it up but nothing displays, even when I adjust the sidebar width.

The odd thing that is happening is that when I have two RSS feeds set up, sometimes one ends up being a duplicate of the other, overwriting the settings so it looks like I have set up two of the same feeds... if that makes sense!

Is there a glitch here with WP 2.8 and this version of Atahualpa? Is it worth me upgrading the theme to 3.3.3.?

Any help much appreciated.

EDIT: Just installed 3.3.3. to see if it makes a difference. Unfortunately it doesn't. Do I have to roll back to WP 2.7 or is there something very obvious I am missing?

Last edited by courgettelawn; Jun 19, 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Tried new install
Old Jun 19, 2009, 06:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I've just added the RSS widget to the sidebar in WP2.8 Atahualpa 3.3.3 and it works fine. Please post your url so I can take a look.
Old Jun 19, 2009, 06:53 AM
courgettelawn

2 posts · Jun 2009
Oh dear. Such a simple error on my part. Using feed:// instead of http:// caused the glitches. Erg.

Thank you!
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:44 AM
CaptOblivious

1 posts · Aug 2009
I'm having the same issue, but it's not a problem of using "feed://" instead of "http://". My problem is related to the number of posts displayed. If I tell the RSS widget to show 9 or more posts, it works. If I tell the RSS widget to display 5 or fewer, it wipes out the entire sidebar and the footer (don't know what happens between 6 and 8 posts; haven't tested that much). Example can be had here:
http://test.artificial-science.org
On the left is a 10-post RSS widget. The left sidebar contains a blogroll widget, which is wiped out by the other widget, a 3-post RSS widget pointing to the very same site as the 10-post widget on the left.