I reinstalled Atahualpa for my blog, Medical Lessons, and again had a with the title. Originally I called a post "Snakes on the Net (and OR games!)" and what showed up was something like this: "<OR games Snakes on the Net (and OR games!)" - it looked like that only on multi-post pages, including the home page. I tried to fix in several ways: I rewrote the post's title, took out the parentheses, manually deleted and rewriote the BFA/Atahualpa titles, but the problem wouldn't go away until I completely trashed the post and put in a new one with a gramatically simpler title. This has happened before.
One thing I noticed was in the "quick edit" function for the post, that some weird brackets showed up before "OR games". I removed those but that didn't help either. Otherwise the extra brackets were not evident. The post is fine now, but only because I rewrote the title. (I'm not sure if it was the parentheses, or the "OR" double-cap non-word, or the exclamation mark that caused the problem.)
Thank you anyone for help with this.