Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] A (very simple, I think) "Older Entires" problem

Old Sep 21, 2010, 04:19 PM
joegore

29 posts · Aug 2010
Hiya —

My "Older Entires" and "Newer Entires" links on multipost pages aren't working correctly. I know why, but not how to fix.

The WP site, sonicgore.com, resides on a folder within my larger joegore.com site. Say I'm on this multipost page:

http://www.joegore.com/sonicgore/?cat=19

...and I click the "Older Entires" tab. This creates the link:

http://www.joegore.com/sonicgore/sonicgore/?cat=19&paged=2

...which yields a broken link error from the www.joegore.com site. The correct link should be

http://www.joegore.com/sonicgore/?cat=19&paged=2

In other words, "Older Entires" is generating one "sonicgore" too many. Any idea how I can nix it?

Thanks in advance!

Joe
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is your permalink set to?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:25 PM
joegore

29 posts · Aug 2010
default (as I'd seen you suggest in a related, but not identical, situataion)

Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2010, 06:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the settings at dashboard->settings->genetral
WordPress address (URL)
and
Site address (URL)
set to?

Does the DNS point to the sub directory?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 05:31 PM
joegore

29 posts · Aug 2010
I think you solved it. Since the URL www.sonicgore.com as actually a referral only-domain that point users to www.joegore.com/sonicgore, I mistakenly though the Site Address field in "General" should be set to the former address (i.e., the one visitors would type into their browsers). But now that I've set "WordPress Address" and "Site URL" to the latter address, everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks as always!